NKY Top 10, Aug 15th edition

Well we had some serious battles this past week and as a result we begin the weekly musical chairs game for NKY girls soccer rankings.  Only 3 rankings stayed unchanged from the Preseason, and we only have 4 of the new Top 10 still undefeated!  

Here we go:

1. Notre Dame (2-0-0)

• Last week beat Brossart 2-0 & Cooper 5-0
  • This week they play Ryle & Conner

2. Campbell County (4-0)

• Last week they went down to Lexington and took care of some serious business to bring back a big trophy beating Lafayette 2-1, Bethlehem 3-1, Dixie 2-1, GRC 3-0
  • This week they play Simon Kenton, Dixie & Cooper

3. Highlands (1-1)

• Last week they split their games at Tower Park winning their opener against Beechwood 5-0, then losing a nail-biter to Assumption 3-2
  • This week they play Conner, South Oldham & Ryle

4. Dixie (2-1)

• Last week they went to Lexington and played well until they ran into their NKY buddies Campbell County.  Beating LCA 3-1, Henry Clay 4-0 and losing to Camp Co 2-1
  • This week they could get revenge against Camp Co and then they host South Oldham.....rough schedule there.

5. Cooper (1-1)

• Last week they crushed Western Hills 10-0 then they got beat by NDA 5-0.
  • This week they travel to Anderson Co and Campbell Co

6. Holy Cross, Covington (2-0)

• Last week they beat Villa Madonna 4-2 and then beat Holmes 10-0
  • This week I believe they play potentially 2 All "A" games, haven't seen who though....maybe @rjalcan fill us in....

7. Conner (2-1)

• Last week they opened up with a loss to Dunbar 1-0 then they won against Scott Co 4-1 and Frederick Douglas 1-0
  • This week they travel to Highlands and NDA, then they host South Dearborn (IN)

8. St. Henry (2-0)

• Didn't realize they would be in the Rankings so soon but here they are.  Last week they beat Beechwood 5-2 and then crushed South Dearborn (IN) 9-0
  • This week they have some All "A" games maybe then end the week playing NCC

9. Bishop Brossart (1-1)

• Last week they shutout Ryle 3-0 and then tied a close game with Simon Kenton 1-1
  • This week they only have Woodford Co on their schedule

10. Simon Kenton (1-1-1)

• Last week opened up their season with a tough loss against the reigning State Runner Ups South Oldham 5-0, then beat Walton Verona 3-0, then ended the week with a Tie against Brossart 1-1.
  • This week they play Campbell Co and Oldham Co before they pack their bags and travel to Gatlinburg (which is weird b/c I know the other teams from NKY are going the next weekend, does KHSAA Scoreboard have this a week early by mistake???)

Ranking dropouts:  Ryle (1-1) & Beechwood (0-2)

• I realize Ryle is dealing with some injuries to their starting lineup so after they heal I have a feeling they will be back.....

Agree? Disagree? Let me know your thoughts..... a lot of moving pieces.

• Like 2

Too early to really disagree with anything.  A few thoughts:

* Great to see Campbell County off to such a good start vs. tough competition.  Interested to see how they progress this year.

* Highlands not wasting any time getting battle tested with their first two weeks of competition.  Will have their hands full this week, and curious to see how they get through the week.

* Is it too early to start the accolades (which I think are going to end up being aggressive) for new comers Mandy Schlueter and Abby Unkraut?  How far can up the top 10 can Mandy take St. Henry?

10 minutes ago, Big Red said:

Too early to really disagree with anything.  A few thoughts:

* Great to see Campbell County off to such a good start vs. tough competition.  Interested to see how they progress this year.

* Highlands not wasting any time getting battle tested with their first two weeks of competition.  Will have their hands full this week, and curious to see how they get through the week.

* Is it too early to start the accolades (which I think are going to end up being aggressive) for new comers Mandy Schlueter and Abby Unkraut?  How far can up the top 10 can Mandy take St. Henry?

I totally agree on all your points.  I feel like this might be a rough week for the Camels after playing so many intense games last week to bring back a trophy, main reason why I got Dixie in my Pick 5.  

I love how Highlands has the schedule laid out this year, meaning its pretty consistent all season with a Big Time Team every week to keep challenging the Birds

Don't forget Highlands Kate Jamie (JR), after a one year hiatus from the program...I love these girls either returning to their school program or finally coming out, we as fans benefit big time.

2 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

10. Simon Kenton (1-1-1)

• Last week opened up their season with a tough loss against the reigning State Runner Ups South Oldham 5-0, then beat Walton Verona 3-0, then ended the week with a Tie against Brossart 1-1.
  • This week they play Campbell Co and Oldham Co before they pack their bags and travel to Gatlinburg (which is weird b/c I know the other teams from NKY are going the next weekend, does KHSAA Scoreboard have this a week early by mistake???)

It's a multi-weekend event.  SK will be down there this coming weekend.

• Thanks 1

Holy Cross plays St. Henry tonight at 545.  Originally it was supposed to be NCC but apparently the brackets changed.  It will be a challenge to try to contain Schuelter, but hopefully the Indians are up for it.  The winner will play the winner of Ludlow NCC

• Thanks 1

Holy Cross lost to St Henry 6-2 Mandy Schlueter is the real deal.  Aleah Arlinghaus man marked her  most of the first half and actually did a really good job but Mandy is a selfless player passing  to her teammates well.  Holy Cross didn’t play poorly but did have some breakdowns in communication on defense that cost them a couple of goals.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, rjal said:

Holy Cross lost to St Henry 6-2 Mandy Schlueter is the real deal.  Aleah Arlinghaus man marked her  most of the first half and actually did a really good job but Mandy is a selfless player passing  to her teammates well.  Holy Cross didn’t play poorly but did have some breakdowns in communication on defense that cost them a couple of goals.  

Aleah is such a dog (mean that as a huge compliment!) on the basketball court, I can only imagine she gave Mandy all she wanted in man-marking her.

• Like 1