Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brossart 58 Campbell Co 42 (MCIT)

Featured Replies

So that is what we are looking for now. The team is improving. Looks like another year of typical Camel Basketball. No one works, no one cares. Let's all run up and down 27 tonight because CAMEL1 says we are improving! How many years do you have until you have stopped improving and go out there and produce for a coach that deserves some production? I guess that is the way the fans in the stands want it though, let's not get better, let's just go have fun.

 

Always sad to lose, but a better game than the first meeting. We are improving!!
So that is what we are looking for now. The team is improving. Looks like another year of typical Camel Basketball. No one works, no one cares. Let's all run up and down 27 tonight because CAMEL1 says we are improving! How many years do you have until you have stopped improving and go out there and produce for a coach that deserves some production? I guess that is the way the fans in the stands want it though, let's not get better, let's just go have fun.

Ouch!!

So that is what we are looking for now. The team is improving. Looks like another year of typical Camel Basketball. No one works, no one cares. Let's all run up and down 27 tonight because CAMEL1 says we are improving! How many years do you have until you have stopped improving and go out there and produce for a coach that deserves some production? I guess that is the way the fans in the stands want it though, let's not get better, let's just go have fun.

Tell us how you really feel.:sssh: ;)

 

 

On a serious note. You are right on the money Happytrails. A school that big with that many kids should be able to put together a more competitive team year in and year out. The Camels have been down for the last 3 or 4 years.

So that is what we are looking for now. The team is improving. Looks like another year of typical Camel Basketball. No one works, no one cares. Let's all run up and down 27 tonight because CAMEL1 says we are improving! How many years do you have until you have stopped improving and go out there and produce for a coach that deserves some production? I guess that is the way the fans in the stands want it though, let's not get better, let's just go have fun.

 

Understand your points and frustration HT, especially with that little school down the road; but trust me, the kids weren't "having fun" last night!! They worked very hard, but just had no answers for the 'Stangs!! Good luck the rest of the season to the Camels!!

So that is what we are looking for now. The team is improving. Looks like another year of typical Camel Basketball. No one works, no one cares. Let's all run up and down 27 tonight because CAMEL1 says we are improving! How many years do you have until you have stopped improving and go out there and produce for a coach that deserves some production? I guess that is the way the fans in the stands want it though, let's not get better, let's just go have fun.

 

Happytrails once again your comments are extremely negative. I believe Camel1 is a player and your words are alittle rough. I think that the players are trying and while they are struggling right now I feel that is it unfair for you to suggest that they do not care. Yes a coach with Reitz's experience deserves a team to produce for him year end and year out but let's be realistic in the real world as a manager you may have a group of excellent employees that make your job easy and then other times you earn your title of manager as you struggle to get the maximum production out of what you have. And a team's success is due to the coaches and the players and to single out either is unfair...it is a team not individuals.

Your comment about the fans being content is also in my opinion off base..to date we have not even had a home game with most games over an hour away from school so the fans have predominately been family and friends of the players so I would expect more sympathy. They know what their sons have sacrificed to be a student athletes something you need to stop and reflect on before you decide to bash their effort and character. I can only wonder if next year and the year after when Brossart may take some licks will you jump on the bashing wagon and accuse them of lack of effort? As for the Camel players.....you know that you are better than you have shown to date, only you and your coaches can fix that, never give up and do not allow ANYONE to talk about you like this. Stay focused as a team and believe. For Brossart's players...you have a good team, enjoy this year because we will be back.

 

P.S. Seeing you at the game last night I knew this rhetoric would begin.

  • Author
Happytrails once again your comments are extremely negative. I believe Camel1 is a player and your words are alittle rough. I think that the players are trying and while they are struggling right now I feel that is it unfair for you to suggest that they do not care. Yes a coach with Reitz's experience deserves a team to produce for him year end and year out but let's be realistic in the real world as a manager you may have a group of excellent employees that make your job easy and then other times you earn your title of manager as you struggle to get the maximum production out of what you have. And a team's success is due to the coaches and the players and to single out either is unfair...it is a team not individuals.

Your comment about the fans being content is also in my opinion off base..to date we have not even had a home game with most games over an hour away from school so the fans have predominately been family and friends of the players so I would expect more sympathy. They know what their sons have sacrificed to be a student athletes something you need to stop and reflect on before you decide to bash their effort and character. I can only wonder if next year and the year after when Brossart may take some licks will you jump on the bashing wagon and accuse them of lack of effort? As for the Camel players.....you know that you are better than you have shown to date, only you and your coaches can fix that, never give up and do not allow ANYONE to talk about you like this. Stay focused as a team and believe. For Brossart's players...you have a good team, enjoy this year because we will be back.

 

P.S. Seeing you at the game last night I knew this rhetoric would begin.

:rolleyes:

First off I don't think Camel1 is a player (his profile says "longtime fan"). Secondly, yes the effort is there, otherwise I don't beleive Campbell Co would have shown up last night. You know, why waste your time. The kids went out there and they gave it their shot and it simply wasn't good enough. Now you can either sit there and say, "Hey, they tried hard. I feel sorry for them getting beat so bad, they deserve a trophy for trying hard." Or you can say that this team NEEDS to improve (and they didn't improve in this one, 8 points at halftime) trying hard just isn't good enough. Its this attitude that is needed to win. Rhino had that attitude, and Brossart has had that attitude since the early 1990's. I haven't seen that mental toughness in a Campbell Co team since Rhino graduated.

 

Observations on Campbell Co:

 

-where's the weight room, obviously the basketball players haven't seen it (I have honestly never seen a weaker Campbell Co team in my life)

-if you want to get better, quit playing the Beechwoods and Daytons of the world

-you have a good coach and it is time for that school to start producing better players/teams on a more consistent basis

CCMS is not a home court for the Camels? And CAMEL1 is far from a player.....

 

I love those Camels, I just wished we would not be satisified with improving.....

Happytrails once again your comments are extremely negative. I believe Camel1 is a player and your words are alittle rough. I think that the players are trying and while they are struggling right now I feel that is it unfair for you to suggest that they do not care. Yes a coach with Reitz's experience deserves a team to produce for him year end and year out but let's be realistic in the real world as a manager you may have a group of excellent employees that make your job easy and then other times you earn your title of manager as you struggle to get the maximum production out of what you have. And a team's success is due to the coaches and the players and to single out either is unfair...it is a team not individuals.

Your comment about the fans being content is also in my opinion off base..to date we have not even had a home game with most games over an hour away from school so the fans have predominately been family and friends of the players so I would expect more sympathy. They know what their sons have sacrificed to be a student athletes something you need to stop and reflect on before you decide to bash their effort and character. I can only wonder if next year and the year after when Brossart may take some licks will you jump on the bashing wagon and accuse them of lack of effort? As for the Camel players.....you know that you are better than you have shown to date, only you and your coaches can fix that, never give up and do not allow ANYONE to talk about you like this. Stay focused as a team and believe. For Brossart's players...you have a good team, enjoy this year because we will be back.

 

P.S. Seeing you at the game last night I knew this rhetoric would begin.

I never thought I'd see a tournament where two games had teams fail to hit double digits by halftime. And neither was because of "stall-ball".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.