LMPD Officers Arrested By FBI on Federal Charges In Breonna Taylor Case

TheDeuce

The FBI has arrested the former Louisville Metro Police detective who was fired for lying on the search warrant that led to the deadly 2020 raid at Breonna Taylor's apartment as well three others, including the only officer to face state charges in connection with Taylor's fatal shooting.

Joshua Jaynes was taken into custody Thursday morning by the FBI and booked in the Oldham County Detention Center, according to attorney Thomas Clay,who is representing Jaynes. 

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/crime/2022/08/04/ex-lmpd-detective-joshua-jaynes-charged-fbi-breonna-taylor-case/65391852007/?fbclid=IwAR2HK7FKF0CqxmB6HpIbgB5NzpThGLXp_lLAYiSz2RCu4uKk80jVmggU-uU#l6f9rvux9jyc67hgwoh

9 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

It will certainly be interesting to see what details they lied about.  I've never understood why any officer under any circumstances would do that.  But from what I've seen it usually starts with bad leadership somewhere along the way. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

It will certainly be interesting to see what details they lied about.  I've never understood why any officer under any circumstances would do that.  But from what I've seen it usually starts with bad leadership somewhere along the way. 

Same, I have never understood this either, either you have a case or you do not have a case.  And definitely on leadership, all it takes is one person rising to power that shouldn't be there for the trickle down effect to propagate. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Same, I have never understood this either, either you have a case or you do not have a case.  And definitely on leadership, all it takes is one person rising to power that shouldn't be there for the trickle down effect to propagate. 

Yeah, becoming a criminal to put a case on another criminal.  That's a head scratcher.  🤔

• Like 1