Kentucky football backup quarterback, Beau Allen to enter transfer portal

16thBBall Fan

Former four-star recruit and Lexington native Beau Allen announced Wednesday he would transfer from Kentucky, ending his UK career after appearing in five games across two seasons. Allen, UK's No. 2 quarterback on the depth chart last season, was set to battle with Iowa transfer Deuce Hogan and former Somerset High School star Kaiya Sheron to serve as Levis's primary backup this fall. Very interesting I thought this would probably happen just thought it might be a little earlier.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2022 at 11:29 PM, 16thBBall Fan said:

Former four-star recruit and Lexington native Beau Allen announced Wednesday he would transfer from Kentucky, ending his UK career after appearing in five games across two seasons. Allen, UK's No. 2 quarterback on the depth chart last season, was set to battle with Iowa transfer Deuce Hogan and former Somerset High School star Kaiya Sheron to serve as Levis's primary backup this fall. Very interesting I thought this would probably happen just thought it might be a little earlier.

I think this shows he must have just recently found out that he wasn’t even going to be the number 2 QB this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

He's going to Tarleton State.

According to ESPN reporter Pete Thamel, Allen has transferred to FCS school Tarleton State. He’s already enrolled with the school and will begin practice today.

As you may know, former Kentucky men’s basketball head coach Billy Gillispie is now the head coach for Tarleton State.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2022/7/27/23280861/beau-allen-transfer-kentucky-wildcats-football-news

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1