Harrison County 56 Bracken County 30

Lady Bears played a better game then the score shows IMO. They just missed alot of shots down low. They might not have won, but it could have been alot closer. They did not seem to take many outside shots either. Still they played hard and did not quit.

Good Luck Ladies.

Shooting Woes continue to haunt the Lady Bears as they shoot a dismal 3-33 from the field in the 2nd half. Some credit can be given to the Fillie defense as it was stiffling at times, but a lot of the shots missed by the Lady Bears were in the paint... Good Luck to the fillies the rest of the season.

Shooting Woes continue to haunt the Lady Bears as they shoot a dismal 3-33 from the field in the 2nd half. Some credit can be given to the Fillie defense as it was stiffling at times, but a lot of the shots missed by the Lady Bears were in the paint... Good Luck to the fillies the rest of the season.

Can't imagine that percentage was a whole lot better in the first either. I'd really like to see the line scores for that and the last few games, too. Anybody know who's responsiable for getting that info to the local newspapers. It never seems to get called in anymore. Win, lose,good and bad. Those girls all have families,friends, or just a b-ball fan like myself that like to see that info. Bracken really seems to be stuck on that starting 5 with just a rare exception here or there. I don't think it would hurt to try a few other combos and see what happens. It's not like we've been world beaters with what we've done so far. Any thoughts?

I think the coaching staff is the one who is in practice everyday and knows how hard all the players are working in practice. They know which players have the best attitudes. They know which players are doing the things that the coaches ask them to do.

Thus, they are best qualified to decide who should play and who should not.

As far as Harrison's defense, Coach Whitaker has always done a good job in masking his 1/2 court defense on whether it is man or zone and whether he is looking to trap until you have committed to an offense that doesn't provide the openings for a trap.

If you don't have a basketball "smart" team, it is hard to call the plays from the bench as their defense is changing.

I think the coaching staff is the one who is in practice everyday and knows how hard all the players are working in practice. They know which players have the best attitudes. They know which players are doing the things that the coaches ask them to do.

Thus, they are best qualified to decide who should play and who should not.

As far as Harrison's defense, Coach Whitaker has always done a good job in masking his 1/2 court defense on whether it is man or zone and whether he is looking to trap until you have committed to an offense that doesn't provide the openings for a trap.

If you don't have a basketball "smart" team, it is hard to call the plays from the bench as their defense is changing.

Very well stated Lbbc!

Can't imagine that percentage was a whole lot better in the first either. I'd really like to see the line scores for that and the last few games, too. Anybody know who's responsiable for getting that info to the local newspapers. It never seems to get called in anymore. Win, lose,good and bad. Those girls all have families,friends, or just a b-ball fan like myself that like to see that info. Bracken really seems to be stuck on that starting 5 with just a rare exception here or there. I don't think it would hurt to try a few other combos and see what happens. It's not like we've been world beaters with what we've done so far. Any thoughts?

I am with you Big Daddy, I know where you are coming from, as a fan and a frustrated one at times. If it works don't fix it. If it doesn't work, you don't need to re-invent the wheel but maybe try something a little different. I have only seen a few Lady Bear games this year and can not make a strong statement on the line ups used. As far as "smart" ball players go LadyB, they do have some on this team.

I'd really like to see the line scores for that and the last few games, too. Anybody know who's responsiable for getting that info to the local newspapers. It never seems to get called in anymore. Win, lose,good and bad. Those girls all have families,friends, or just a b-ball fan like myself that like to see that info.

It's mainly the responsibility of the coaches but anyone affiliated with the team who has access to the information can do it. Unfortunately, some teams are more relaible than others, and not nearly enough scores get called in, especially with losses and/or long road trips.

Coach Schultz is usually pretty good about calling in scores and this one was in the paper today.

Harrison County 16 11 12 17 – 56

Bracken County 11 8 4 7 – 30

HC: Highlander 5, Puckett 3, Turley 18, Kendall 4, Muntz 9, Hatfield 10, Murphy 1, Dennie 4, Snyder 2. Totals 23 6-15 56.

BC: Jefferson 6, Kauinui 10, Figgins 5, Ware 1, McDowell 3, Ahrens 3, Haight 1, Burden 1. Totals 10 8-18 30.

Three-pointers: HC 4 (Highlander, Puckett, Muntz, Hatfield), BC 2 (Figgins, McDowell).

Tara Kauinui also had 13 boards for a double double.

It's mainly the responsibility of the coaches but anyone affiliated with the team who has access to the information can do it. Unfortunately, some teams are more relaible than others, and not nearly enough scores get called in, especially with losses and/or long road trips.

Coach Schultz is usually pretty good about calling in scores and this one was in the paper today.

Harrison County 16 11 12 17 – 56

Bracken County 11 8 4 7 – 30

HC: Highlander 5, Puckett 3, Turley 18, Kendall 4, Muntz 9, Hatfield 10, Murphy 1, Dennie 4, Snyder 2. Totals 23 6-15 56.

BC: Jefferson 6, Kauinui 10, Figgins 5, Ware 1, McDowell 3, Ahrens 3, Haight 1, Burden 1. Totals 10 8-18 30.

Three-pointers: HC 4 (Highlander, Puckett, Muntz, Hatfield), BC 2 (Figgins, McDowell).

Tara Kauinui also had 13 boards for a double double.

The night they played Mason County, Kaninui was BY FAR the Lady Bears' best player. Got in foul trouble, but still looked to have some nice b-ball skills.