BB King to coach Breathitt County

Hometown24, streaming service in Hindman, is reporting that Knott County Central’s BB King will be taking over as coach at Breathitt County, replacing John Noble who left a few weeks ago for the Leslie County position. 
BB was head coach at KCC for 12 seasons, appearing in 8 regional tournaments and winning 5. 

• Thanks 1

Breathitt County returns four starters from a team that was runner-up to Pikeville in the state All A tournament in Richmond and runner-up to Perry County Central in the 14th region tournament. They should be a strong favorite next season to win their first regional title in 27 years, an extremely long stretch for such a proud and tradition rich program. 

1 hour ago, The Double Deuce said:

Oh man, really?  The thrill is gone!

I’m just basing my opinion on who the Bobcat’s have returning. Perry Central loses some key players, as does Hazard, Wolfe County and Knott Central. Of course, rosters could change significantly before the season starts. But as of right now, on paper at least, I believe Breathitt County is a clear number 1 pick as a region favorite. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Glad some people got it!  😇

I admit, I didn’t get it. 😄
The way your post read to me was if I’m saying Breathitt County should win the 14th region next year then all the excitement is gone since everyone now knows who will win the title. That’s why I posted again with an explanation. 

I suppose I misinterpreted your post. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Professor said:

I admit, I didn’t get it. 😄
The way your post read to me was if I’m saying Breathitt County should win the 14th region next year then all the excitement is gone since everyone now knows who will win the title. That’s why I posted again with an explanation. 

I suppose I misinterpreted your post. 

"The Thrill is Gone" is a BB King song.  And a very good one.  

• Like 1

Being a 10th region guy I only read this thread to see how many of the posts were in reference to the legendary musician. I wonder if Lucille will attend practice? They could sell tickets!! 😂😂😂

Best of luck to Coach King and Breathitt County!!

• Haha 1

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.