Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bellevue's All-Time Team

Featured Replies

I agree that Swope was a monster of a player. Keifer was also a very good football player.

How about going old school and saying Pat Uebel. Definitely one of the best to come out of Bellevue. Went on full ride to UK or to one of the military academies I think. 1950 or 51 I think.

I agree that Swope was a monster of a player. Keifer was also a very good football player.

 

Which Swope? Beef, Little Beef, Kenny, Robby, Danny, Jim, Ron, Dave, ......quite the list.

Uebel went to Army and scored the winning touchdown vs Navy back when that was a really big deal. How about a name like Uebel from Bellevue? Didn't Bob Daugherty attend B'view many years ago. He later played for UK and the Oakland Raiders.

I hitch hiked to Lexington, along with Jim Briede, to see Hornung et al play in the East-West All-star game vs Holmes Gordon McGeHee. On the West team was Guy Tracy, Fulmer and Kiefer (forgot first names) and all were from Bellevue. Fulmar was a big star and Kiefer, I think, went on to UK. Tracy's mother and father picked us up after the game and rode us home.

McGehee outrushed and outscored Hornung and the West won the game. Gordon was drafted shortly after HS and had to leave UK for the service. I think Briede himself later played in that game and I know he was on the sidelines for the UK-Tennessee game when he was a senior. Sorry for the history lesson.

Ask Harmon about these guys and I bet you will get some great stories.

I think it is important for fans to know that their team has a rich tradition.

Lincoln Adams would definitely be on the all-time Bellevue team

 

Maybe the fastest player to ever don the Black n Gold. Although from what I hear the Sprague boys could really burn back in the 70's.

I hitch hiked to Lexington, along with Jim Briede, to see Hornung et al play in the East-West All-star game vs Holmes Gordon McGeHee. On the West team was Guy Tracy, Fulmer and Kiefer (forgot first names) and all were from Bellevue. Fulmar was a big star and Kiefer, I think, went on to UK. Tracy's mother and father picked us up after the game and rode us home.

McGehee outrushed and outscored Hornung and the West won the game. Gordon was drafted shortly after HS and had to leave UK for the service. I think Briede himself later played in that game and I know he was on the sidelines for the UK-Tennessee game when he was a senior. Sorry for the history lesson.

Ask Harmon about these guys and I bet you will get some great stories.

I think it is important for fans to know that their team has a rich tradition.

My dad was a junior at Bellevue when those guys were seniors. He was the kicker and said those guys were pound for pound as tough as anybody he played against, and that includes Xavier and Navy teams he played on. The funny thing is that none of those guys were probably over 180lbs at anytime during their football careers.:laugh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.