BluegrassPreps.com 9th Region Week 12 Review and Rankings: (And District Tournament - Preview and Schedules):

On 2/19/2022 at 9:10 PM, PP1 said:

34th District Tournament should be intriguing. @B-Ball-fanHow do you see the Boone/Conner game going in the 33rd?

On 2/19/2022 at 10:10 PM, B-Ball-fan said:

Yeah Conner is clicking real well right now, and while I see a lot of excitement in this game being a district tourny game that could help keep it close, I see Conner pulling away and winning by 10-12 points. It really wouldn't surprise me for them also to beat Cooper if they happpen to meet. I'm smellng the Cougars as being the 33rd District champs. 

Conner beat Boone 73-63, so got that "winning by 10-12" prediction out of the way. 

Now let's see if my hunch of a Conner 33rd District Champs is spot on or not. 

I'm seeing the Cougars lighting it up from the 3 with some versatility of some inside action, even in the face of a tough Jags 'D', and while Cooper will try to keep the score low, which has worked with teams struggling to consistently score on them, the Cougars will just be too much because they do know how to score, and Cooper, while they once in a while can get hot from the 3, still it just won't be enough to overcome the Cougars. Cougars win 57-49. 

• Like 1

The Jags will just continue to do what they do, play in your face defense, get out and run when they can and be smart in the half court offense. Cooper’s bench is deep enough to cause problems for whom ever they play and after watching how well they rebounded the ball last night on both ends of the floor I see a game that may be close but Cooper coming out on top by 8-10+. 
Having Berry back is a huge plus and if Brooks gets going early I see that being problem that Conner doesn’t have an effective answer for. 

• Like 1

OK, I know all these games are tomorrow but I'll go ahead and state my predictions:

Cooper over Conner, in a tight slugfest defensive battle

Cov Cath over Holy Cross, as stated in other thread in a surprisingly close one

Upset of the night Lloyd redeems from Reg Season loss to shock Dixie

Highlands clicks on all cylinders, don't know if the rims just are treating the Birds nice in the Vue or what but this isn't even a close one.....Birds by 20+

GO BIRDS!!!

• Like 2

On 2/19/2022 at 9:10 PM, PP1 said:

34th District Tournament should be intriguing. @B-Ball-fanHow do you see the Boone/Conner game going in the 33rd?

On 2/19/2022 at 10:10 PM, B-Ball-fan said:

Yeah Conner is clicking real well right now, and while I see a lot of excitement in this game being a district tourny game that could help keep it close, I see Conner pulling away and winning by 10-12 points. It really wouldn't surprise me for them also to beat Cooper if they happpen to meet. I'm smellng the Cougars as being the 33rd District champs. 

On 2/24/2022 at 9:01 AM, B-Ball-fan said:

Conner beat Boone 73-63, so got that "winning by 10-12" prediction out of the way. 

Now let's see if my hunch of a Conner 33rd District Champs is spot on or not. 

I'm seeing the Cougars lighting it up from the 3 with some versatility of some inside action, even in the face of a tough Jags 'D', and while Cooper will try to keep the score low, which has worked with teams struggling to consistently score on them, the Cougars will just be too much because they do know how to score, and Cooper, while they once in a while can get hot from the 3, still it just won't be enough to overcome the Cougars. Cougars win 57-49. 

Conner are 33rd District Champs with a 55-45 win over Cooper. I had the Cougars winning by 8, 57-49, so I'm pretty happy that the results were pretty close to this. 

• Like 2