NCAA Rankings - UK Continues To Get Hosed

Wireman

UK actually dropped to #34 in the AP Poll this week and they are not in the top 41 in the ESPN/USA Today Poll. They apparently are being punished for losing to numbers 1 and 2 in both polls. Somehow or other, they are currently ranked behind the likes of Northern Iowa, Winthrop, Drexel, Southern Illinois, Xavier, Creighton, Missouri State, Florida State, Wichita State, and UNLV.

Madness.

Go Cats!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly surprised that they dropped...

Seems like it's harder for UK to get back into the top 25 than it is for other teams... I guess if they aren't looked at as staying in the top 25, they're looking as if they're bad.

It's kind of the opposite of last year when I thought Louisville looked bad all season, yet it took them half the season to drop out of the top 25.

Washington, who is also 10-3, got smoked by UCLA by 22. Yet they still manage to hold on to a ranking.

Their other loses were to Gonzaga by 20 and OJ Mayo-less USC by 6.

I just don't get it.

Washington has a big win over a good team - LSU by 16...UK doesn't have a win over a good team. That's what's keeping them out.

...and please don't call Louisville, Indiana or UMass a good team...

This is unbelievable, but I guess it is better to be under the radar throughout the year. I think right now UK is a top 25 team, but I guess no one in the media or the coaches agree with me. Hopefully they just continue to improve and prove them wrong.

:thumb: Silence Is Golden. I hope!!!!!