Bears hire Matt Eberflus (Former Colts DC)

Yeah... Justin Fields is what makes this a confusing hire for me. Makes me wonder if he doesn't already have a plan for OC that would work well with Fields? Do they not think Fields is the answer? Doesn't make sense to me. 

I don't necessarily buy the "in today's NFL" argument because history says the pendulum swings the other way eventually and someone will be ahead of the curve, but it doesn't make sense with a young QB that I think they see value in. 

5 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Yeah... Justin Fields is what makes this a confusing hire for me. Makes me wonder if he doesn't already have a plan for OC that would work well with Fields? Do they not think Fields is the answer? Doesn't make sense to me. 

I don't necessarily buy the "in today's NFL" argument because history says the pendulum swings the other way eventually and someone will be ahead of the curve, but it doesn't make sense with a young QB that I think they see value in. 

He'll bring in a strong OC that is comfortable dealing with Fields and his skill set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

He'll bring in a strong OC that is comfortable dealing with Fields and his skill set.

Even if he does, if that OC has any success, he'll be poached to be an NFL Coach and they'll start all over again.

They should have went with an offensive coordinator from somewhere, look at whose coaching in the conference title games this week, all offensive guys and mostly young, up and coming offensive guys.

And I'm basing all my posts in this thread on the sole fact that Justin Fields in their QB and probably will be for the foreseeable future pending injury.