If the NFL used the College Football Playoff system

Let's have a little fun here before the NFL playoffs actually start.

If the NFL used the College Football Playoff committee to decide it's championship, who would be the four teams that would be selected?  In your response, assign the 1-4 seeding, if you don't mind...and justify your selection.

For the whole NFL, I think it would be:

1 - Green Bay Packers - Tied for best overall record, and I believe would have had it alone if they were playing to the end, as they would have been in this scenario. 

2 - Kansas City Chiefs - Healthier than the Bucs, I think that would have gotten them the nod.  Plus, the Chiefs are arguably the hottest team.

3 - Tampa Bay Bucs - Tied with the Packers for best overall record, the committee dinged them a bit due to health problems and their lackluster performances down the stretch (despite winning)

4 - Tennessee Titans - Despite struggling down the stretch, the Titans hold a head to head win with their primary rival for this spot in Buffalo, and with Henry potentially returning, they get a bit of a health boost and a pass for their play without him.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Raven said:

4 per Conference?

AFC:  1. Titans, 2. Chiefs, 3. Bills, 4. Bengals

NFC:  1. Packers, 2. Buccaneers, 3. Cardinals, 4. Cowboys

4 for the whole league?

1. Packers, 2. Buccaneers, 3. Titans (If fully healthy), 4. Chiefs

That's the way college football does it.  Take 4 from anywhere.  If you want 4 teams from the NFC, that's fine.  If you want to take just the AFC North, you could.

Four from the entire league is tough for sure.

1. Packers - the most consistent from start to finish.  Bonus points if they get a home game.

2. Bills - after a mid-season swoon, they are rolling into the playoffs.  Bonus points if they get a home game.

3. Cowboys - The defense is legit, although still not sure I trust Dak to win two tough ones in a row.

4. Bucs - I can't "not include them" .  He is the GOAT afterall.  

Just Out:

Chiefs - IF the defense shows up they get beat anyone.  Can I have a 4a?

Bengals - IF the offense is firing they can beat anyone  4b?

Titans, Cardinals, Rams - Too inconsistent to trust