Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaches

Featured Replies

Do you ever come home after a loss that should have been a win and think to your self "Why do I this?"

 When you ask yourself that question, go ahead and answer it. That will tell you why you're doing it.  It probably isn't because of the wins or losses.

  • Author
14 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 When you ask yourself that question, go ahead and answer it. That will tell you why you're doing it.  It probably isn't because of the wins or losses.

Doesn't stop the losses from hurting though.

Losses should hurt, that means you care.  You must also understand that they re a part of the game.  I've been a lifelong horse-player and when you are winning you think you are smart beyond belief and invincible.  When you are losing you wonder why you are playing a game that depends on the performance of animals - similar to teenagers. 

I'm still hurting and second-guessing myself for a loss we took to Boone County when I was our girls coach back in the 9th Region Semi-Finals in the late 80s.  Right, wrong, or indifferent, you only pass that way once, and when your decisions work out you are the king of the world, when they don't you are still lamenting that decision thirty years later.

I'm also still regretting a time-out I called in a freshman boys game against Campbell County back in 1982, when I should have had the confidence in my team to just let them play it out.  That was 39 years ago.  Crazy, huh??? 

1 hour ago, Mustang said:

Losses should hurt, that means you care.  You must also understand that they re a part of the game.  I've been a lifelong horse-player and when you are winning you think you are smart beyond belief and invincible.  When you are losing you wonder why you are playing a game that depends on the performance of animals - similar to teenagers. 

I'm still hurting and second-guessing myself for a loss we took to Boone County when I was our girls coach back in the 9th Region Semi-Finals in the late 80s.  Right, wrong, or indifferent, you only pass that way once, and when your decisions work out you are the king of the world, when they don't you are still lamenting that decision thirty years later.

I'm also still regretting a time-out I called in a freshman boys game against Campbell County back in 1982, when I should have had the confidence in my team to just let them play it out.  That was 39 years ago.  Crazy, huh??? 

1,000% ?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.