Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hiring timelines

Featured Replies

I have read this on many open job postings this winter and in previous years.  I'm not sure I understand the desire of a fanbase for a really quick hire.  Many seem to think a longer process means things aren't going well or that the program is settling for less than their first choice.  Is that the case?  Maybe I'm wrong but I would think due diligence would be the way to go.  I'm actually not criticizing, I'm trying to understand.  Does it signify that a school had an obvious choice with a quick hire? Then therefore is it seen as having to settle if it takes more than a month?  Is all of this just perception or is there some clear data that supports it? 

I know the "who's running the weight room" scenario.  Maybe spring football might be effected.  Honestly looking for everyone's opinion.  (scary thing to type on this forum)

Just really wondering why so many want a quick hire.

Microwave society, everyone wants to know now...

With all due respect, the majority of schools/systems in the state don't take their football program near as serious as those on this site (that mindset can also be debatable).  Most principals probably have more they fill like they need to worry about then hiring a football coach within 15 days.  Most will also hide behind the 30 day posting window.

38 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

I have read this on many open job postings this winter and in previous years.  I'm not sure I understand the desire of a fanbase for a really quick hire.  Many seem to think a longer process means things aren't going well or that the program is settling for less than their first choice.  Is that the case?  Maybe I'm wrong but I would think due diligence would be the way to go.  I'm actually not criticizing, I'm trying to understand.  Does it signify that a school had an obvious choice with a quick hire? Then therefore is it seen as having to settle if it takes more than a month?  Is all of this just perception or is there some clear data that supports it? 

I know the "who's running the weight room" scenario.  Maybe spring football might be effected.  Honestly looking for everyone's opinion.  (scary thing to type on this forum)

Just really wondering why so many want a quick hire.

I know one program has over 70, probably more applicants (some out of state) so it might take a while to sort the qualified ones. But yeah IMO I would rather wait a little longer and hire the right fit for certain programs. 

The majority (vast) already know who they are hiring and are simply waisting everyones time.   It would really be interesting if a program would open a position with no front runner and give all applicants a fare shake.   We  might not have a post on here about how many coaches are leaving the profession a few weeks ago. 

No need to be in a hurry right now. Microwave society it is.  I’m going back to another thread here, but coaches should ask for the moon, especially if it involves packing up and moving their families.   A large part of this stuff gets drawn out and shouldn’t be, though.  By that I mean that said school hiring should be totally transparent with serious candidates (either ones they are interested in and those themselves going after a job) about what they can/can’t do from the jump instead of dragging out a process which more times than not end up in candidates either withdrawing, interviewing and withdrawing or often cases as well, interviewing then getting offered and declining.  Much of this could be settled in the first conversations. 

I think with a quick hire it tells you that they already had their guy in the first place which happens more than not. They just go through their interviews as a formality.

I can see from some fans why they would want to get the ball moving and not multiple month drawn out processes and that's because you're losing time. They also probably feel like having an open job over the Christmas break should have given more time to be able to devote to the coaching search process. I get both sides of it. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.