Hulu+ Live Yes or No?

Jumper_Dad

So anyone have Hulu Live streaming with local channels?

What's the + and - of it?

I currently have Youtubetv and their ongoing dispute with Disney means that as of midnight last night ESPN, Local ABC, SEC and the rest of the Mouse networks are unavailable. If this isn't correct by Monday, I'll definitely be switching to a new streaming service for my basic TV needs.

Can you watch the Reds on Hulu Live? Are there any channels that you miss and wish you had? How is the dvr/record feature? Does it buffer alot?

The Reds are on Bally Sports, right? If so, those are not on Hulu Live. 

Hulu Live is OK. We’ve been using them just because their channel availability lines up with what we want. Their interface is a bit clunky. They nickel and dime you some, as you have to pay for their enhanced DVR to get more storage space and to be able to fast forward past commercials. And sometimes it still gets confused on that. I’ve always heard YouTube TV is better but Disney is obviously trying to leverage their media to force people to Hulu. 

Buffering at least is rarely a problem. I can’t hardly recall a time where it buffered in the middle of a show. It’s only really on initially launching something that I’ve had it happen and that’s infrequent. 

26 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

The Reds are on Bally Sports, right? If so, those are not on Hulu Live. 

Hulu Live is OK. We’ve been using them just because their channel availability lines up with what we want. Their interface is a bit clunky. They nickel and dime you some, as you have to pay for their enhanced DVR to get more storage space and to be able to fast forward past commercials. And sometimes it still gets confused on that. I’ve always heard YouTube TV is better but Disney is obviously trying to leverage their media to force people to Hulu. 

Buffering at least is rarely a problem. I can’t hardly recall a time where it buffered in the middle of a show. It’s only really on initially launching something that I’ve had it happen and that’s infrequent. 

Can't watch the Reds on YouTube either, I was just hoping hulu had them.

Now that I'm used to it, YouTube is easy to use and works seamlessly on my phone when needed.

I'll give them til Monday to work it out...hopefully they will.