Raiders at Browns Predictions

Raiders v Browns  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Raiders
    • Browns

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2021 at 09:25 PM

The game kicks off in Cleveland at 4:30 pm on Saturday, December 18.  The Raiders are 6-7 and the Browns are 7-6.  D. Carr has 3,926 yards passing, 18 TDs, and 10 INT, while B. Mayfield has 2,603 yds, 13 TDs, and 7 INT.  Raiders WR H. Renfrow has 88 receptions for 877 yrd and 5 TDS, while D. People-Jones has 23 receptions, 430 yards and 3 TDs.  Browns leading rusher, N. Chubb has 167 carries, 877 yds, and 6 TDs, while J. Jacobs comes into the game with 133 carries, 496 yds, and 7 TDs.  (Thanks ESPN for the stats).  

Most AFC North fans are aware of the Browns' struggles this season.  Add to that, they have 8 players out due to Covid protocol and this game just got harder.  Three starting lineman are out and the two that remain, C Tretter, and LG Bitonio, are listed by ESPN as questionable today.  Nick Chubb is healthy but how will he run without a line?  

When I look at the schedule, this game is a must win for the Browns because they play the 10-3 Packers next week and then have two tough divisional games against Pittsburgh and Cincinnati.  They must win at least 3 of the 4 remaining games to have a chance at the playoffs.  Covid has just made this game much harder.  

How do you see this game playing out and the rest of the season for the Browns?  

• Thanks 1

So many unknowns here. 

I will go with the Browns because they are at home but I certainly will be rooting for the Raiders to help the Bengals.

Best of all, I love Saturday NFL Football!  Thank you NFL.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, oldgrappler said:

Case Keenum is now on Covid list.  Nick Mullins is the next man up.  The third string QB will start against the Raiders.  

Will there be any starters on the field for the Browns?!

Who is Nick Mullins?  And while I am at it, who is backing him up?

9 hours ago, theguru said:

Who is Nick Mullins?  And while I am at it, who is backing him up?

That's what a lot of people in Cleveland are asking.  They'll probably have to introduce him to the OLine in the huddle on Saturday.  😆  The Browns signed him to the practice squad on Sept. 1 from the Eagles.  Prior to that he was with the 49ers and had 16 NFL starts since 2017.  He broke a lot of Brett Favre's passing records at Southern Miss. 

He has over 4700 yards passing in his career and a respectable 65% completion percentage.  However, His 25 TDs are nearly matched by 22 INTs.  If you notice he was with the 49ers, that means he was coached by Kyle Shanahan and is familiar with the style of offense that is run by the Browns.  I tried to find who would be the back up QB to Mullens and could not find one.  In the past, Jarvis Landry served the role when worse came to worse.  It is likely the Browns will sign another QB before Saturday to at least have someone who is familiar with being under center.  

If I was superstitious, I would say that Someone doesn't want the Browns to win the AFC North. 😲  😁  😒 😷 

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, theguru said:

Will that mean any improvement for the QB situation for the Browns?

Mayfield does have an opportunity to be tested before Monday and if he is Covid negative, he would be eligible to play.  Same with Case Keenum.  However, others could test positive for Covid between now and then, including 3rd string QB Nick Mullens.  The total of players on Covid protocol is now at 24 and a reduced number of starters are still slated to play on Monday.  

I don't know what they are doing with guys like Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward but they better have them quarantined somewhere so they don't come down with it by Monday.  What a bizarre circumstance.  

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, oldgrappler said:

Mayfield does have an opportunity to be tested before Monday and if he is Covid negative, he would be eligible to play.  Same with Case Keenum.  However, others could test positive for Covid between now and then, including 3rd string QB Nick Mullens.  The total of players on Covid protocol is now at 24 and a reduced number of starters are still slated to play on Monday.  

I don't know what they are doing with guys like Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward but they better have them quarantined somewhere so they don't come down with it by Monday.  What a bizarre circumstance.  

Thanks og.  I am sitting here watching Good Morning Football and they don't know. 🤷‍♀️

6 minutes ago, oldgrappler said:

They now have until Monday at 2 pm to test negative and they would be allowed to play.  The NFL is making this up as they go.  

Right, they saw the Omicron on the wall and knew it was either change course or potentially face some serious disruptions to the season which would be very bad for business. 

• Like 1