How many running clocks will we see in this week?

Bac2369

How many running clocks this week?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How many running clocks this week?

8 hours ago, happ said:

I wish they would go back to 4 classes and two teams in the playoffs per Dist. Some of these running clock games would be eliminated. 4 classes and 2 teams seemed to work well. 

There were runaway games in the finals and semi-finals when there were 4 classes nearly every year. I only say nearly, because someone will dig up a year where the finals and semi-finals all had games closer than 36 points.

There will be blowouts if there are 3, 4, 5, 6 or more classes, not because they system is flawed but because of the disparity in talent across the state. Another factor is that some schools and communities look at football as just an extracurricular activity and treat it as such.  While in some schools and communities football is a life or death endeavor and supported as such.

• Like 1

The simple reason for having 6 classes is the wide range of enrollment sizes in Kentucky's football playing schools. Football is dependent on numbers more than any other sport. With just 4 classes you'd have schools competing in classes with schools double their enrollment or more in every class. 

I did a post on this in the past comparing the smallest school in each class to the largest in each class. Even with 6 classes Kentucky still had a bigger discrepancy than most surrounding states. The good thing is the current system could accept hundreds more schools within the 6 class system.

• Like 2