Cincinnati at East Carolina Updates/Predictions

11-0 Bearcats travel to Greenville to take on 7-4 East Carolina on Black Friday for a 3:30 kickoff on ABC.

A UC win would secure home field advantage in the AAC Championship against Houston the following week. 

Thoughts? 

• Thanks 1

My thoughts...ECU is the game I've worried about most over the past month. UC simply hasn't played well in Greenville the past 3 trips.

2019- UC 46 ECU 43

2017- ECU 48 UC 20

2015- UC 19 ECU 16

With that said, UC also hasn't went in there with a top 4 team that has as much talent and veteran leadership as this group, during those trips. Bearcats should absolutely handle the Pirates and win by a comfortable margin. 

There's definitely no love lost between the two programs, especially after the post game comments Mike Houston made to Fickell at midfield last year for a player called fake punt when UC was up big in the 4th qtr.

On 11/21/2021 at 1:41 PM, Walter said:

My thoughts...ECU is the game I've worried about most over the past month. UC simply hasn't played well in Greenville the past 3 trips.

2019- UC 46 ECU 43

2017- ECU 48 UC 20

2015- UC 19 ECU 16

With that said, UC also hasn't went in there with a top 4 team that has as much talent and veteran leadership as this group, during those trips. Bearcats should absolutely handle the Pirates and win by a comfortable margin. 

There's definitely no love lost between the two programs, especially after the post game comments Mike Houston made to Fickell at midfield last year for a player called fake punt when UC was up big in the 4th qtr.

The Bearcats have struggled in Greenville. Tough place to play. I imagine a film clip of that fake punt has started and ended every team meeting this week. Need an SMU type performance.....but that's tough to pull off. Hopefully all the guys with minor "dings" rested the second half and are ready to go.

If I'm Fickell everything the rest of the game is 4 down territory inside the ECU 40... Kicking game is absolutely terrible. 3 kickers on the team and not one of them is reliable enough to consistently make a FG within 35 yards.