Justin Fuente out at Virginia Tech

Walter

1 hour ago, nikeman49 said:

I think Beamer is a LOCK as the replacement.

We all know this could be all talk, but I actually think USC is a better job than VT and he has the ability to recruit and win at a higher level at South Carolina than VT. 

South Carolina has a better recruiting base and also a lot more resources from the SEC $$$.

3 hours ago, Walter said:

We all know this could be all talk, but I actually think USC is a better job than VT and he has the ability to recruit and win at a higher level at South Carolina than VT. 

South Carolina has a better recruiting base and also a lot more resources from the SEC $$$.

Totally disagree, Beamer’s father allows him to have a huge contact and also recruit well with the Beamer name. Let’s see what happens in the next couple weeks.

4 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Totally disagree, Beamer’s father allows him to have a huge contact and also recruit well with the Beamer name. Let’s see what happens in the next couple weeks.

From 2012-2015, Frank Beamer won 7, 7, 8, and 7 games....his name started to fall off towards the end of his career and that name just doesn't carry as much weight as it did 10 years ago. 

We will see what happens but I think Shane Beamer can be way more successful with the resources and recruiting base available at South Carolina.

8 hours ago, Walter said:

Va. Tech has historically been a much better program. SC does have some built-in advantages but just from a football culture alone VT is a mile ahead.

That said, Beamer should stay until he's proven that he can win at this level. 

3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Va. Tech has historically been a much better program. SC does have some built-in advantages but just from a football culture alone VT is a mile ahead.

That said, Beamer should stay until he's proven that he can win at this level. 

Va Tech no doubt has historically been a better program and they were really good under Beamer when they won 10 or more games 13 times from 1995-2011. 

The problem is....A lot of these kids don't care what a team did 10 years ago. They want to play for a program that is winning right now and VT simply isn't the same program that they were during the above mentioned years. Programs like Penn State, North Carolina, and Clemson are regularly coming in to Virginia and taking the top kids every year. 

If the next coach wants to be successful, he needs to focus on keeping those top kids in state. 

7 hours ago, Walter said:

Va Tech no doubt has historically been a better program and they were really good under Beamer when they won 10 or more games 13 times from 1995-2011. 

The problem is....A lot of these kids don't care what a team did 10 years ago. They want to play for a program that is winning right now and VT simply isn't the same program that they were during the above mentioned years. Programs like Penn State, North Carolina, and Clemson are regularly coming in to Virginia and taking the top kids every year. 

If the next coach wants to be successful, he needs to focus on keeping those top kids in state. 

Completely agree. But South Carolina has Clemson, UGA, Bama, UNC and others they are battling too. I think you can win at VT easier and quicker than at SC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...