This looks like fun

4 minutes ago, BigErn said:

283F6D53-537C-4609-A7FE-5B9894F9E134.jpeg

I agree, this is what the Fort Thomas Junior Football League had to say about it on Facebook:

Lets see and hear you this Thursday Night Fort Thomas!  We need all able bodied Cake Eaters in attendance to cheer on the 7th Grade Bluebirds as they play for the NKMSAA Championship vs that team from Park Hills.  Coach Sphire and the Varsity Birds will be there, and so should you!  Please share with friends and family, and lets get David Cecil Memorial Stadium rockin'!!!

• Like 1

From weather.com:

Showers early, becoming a steady rain later in the day. High 56F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here's is the teams records and scores this season.  Wow!!

High Blue 7th   8-0

50-16,41-20,25-8,31-6,16-13,28-12,36-12,49-12     

Point Difference 281-99

Cov Cath 7th  7-1

57-0,40-0,14-6,42-6,12-28,36-0,43-0,40-0  only loss was to Highlands Blue 7th,  12-28 score

Point Difference 383-40

• Thanks 1

Good luck to both of those teams! Both are outstanding and deserve to be playing for a championship. Two SENSATIONAL quarterbacks. If you want to see two budding superstars, come watch these two young men sling the ball. 

I'm curious what the playoff/divisional format was this year? I thought it was pretty clear that Beechwood's 7th grade team, which lost only two these two squads, was the third best team in the league. Hearing speculation and rumblings that the antiquated silly format was kept to ensure one team would - barring exceptional circumstances - would earn a berth. 

2 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

Good luck to both of those teams! Both are outstanding and deserve to be playing for a championship. Two SENSATIONAL quarterbacks. If you want to see two budding superstars, come watch these two young men sling the ball. 

I'm curious what the playoff/divisional format was this year? I thought it was pretty clear that Beechwood's 7th grade team, which lost only two these two squads, was the third best team in the league. Hearing speculation and rumblings that the antiquated silly format was kept to ensure one team would - barring exceptional circumstances - would earn a berth. 

Top 2 from each division I believe. 

AEF8B6FC-A8B3-405B-8F68-8A80C50818AE.jpeg

17 hours ago, theguru said:

I agree, this is what the Fort Thomas Junior Football League had to say about it on Facebook:

Lets see and hear you this Thursday Night Fort Thomas!  We need all able bodied Cake Eaters in attendance to cheer on the 7th Grade Bluebirds as they play for the NKMSAA Championship vs that team from Park Hills.  Coach Sphire and the Varsity Birds will be there, and so should you!  Please share with friends and family, and lets get David Cecil Memorial Stadium rockin'!!!

Cov Cath Football Alumni on Facebook added:

Colonel Youth Football's 7th Grade team faces off against Highlands in Fort Thomas this Thursday in the middle school league. Come out and support the Lieutenant Colonels against the Birds!

On 10/26/2021 at 3:57 PM, BigErn said:

Top 2 from each division I believe. 

AEF8B6FC-A8B3-405B-8F68-8A80C50818AE.jpeg

There’s only an 8 game season. With two divisions of 4 teams. Small school division has 10 teams. Agree it may need to be re-evaluated. Top 4 teams should make it regardless of alignment. But it’s hard with the current set up. Maybe start the games a week or 2 earlier?