More Expansion/Realignment Coming

Walter

1 minute ago, Walter said:

Middle Tennessee is staying in CUSA instead of joining the MAC... Seems like a very short sighted decision on their part, IMO, staying in a conference with little stability.

I'm not convinced the MAC wanted Middle Tennessee. The MAC is a bus league across Rust Belt states and dipping down into Kentucky and especially Tennessee is a little out of the footprint. I've heard rumors there might be some MAC interest in adding Western and Eastern Kentucky but I'll need to see it to believe it.

5 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I'm not convinced the MAC wanted Middle Tennessee. The MAC is a bus league across Rust Belt states and dipping down into Kentucky and especially Tennessee is a little out of the footprint. I've heard rumors there might be some MAC interest in adding Western and Eastern Kentucky but I'll need to see it to believe it.

My understanding is the issue was MAC officials asking MTSU to agree to a 20 year GOR agreement that they wouldn't leave for another conference. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Walter said:

Middle Tennessee is staying in CUSA instead of joining the MAC... Seems like a very short sighted decision on their part, IMO, staying in a conference with little stability.

Middle Tennessee has it in their head that when Memphis leaves the AAC for the Big 12 or another place that they are going to get called to go.  As a WKU fan I hate this because now we're stuck in Conference USA with a lot of FCS teams.