September 20, 20215 yr That was a very entertaining/exciting football game. I have no idea how to stop Lamar.
September 20, 20215 yr 24 minutes ago, theguru said: I have no idea how to stop Lamar. Haven't you heard? The league has figured him out.
September 20, 20215 yr 8 hours ago, theguru said: That was a very entertaining/exciting football game. I have no idea how to stop Lamar. Is it just me or did that game and Dallas/LA look like they were playing at a much different speed and intensity level than the Bengals? Those were like playoff games.
September 20, 20215 yr Author 3 hours ago, 9068 said: Is it just me or did that game and Dallas/LA look like they were playing at a much different speed and intensity level than the Bengals? Those were like playoff games. I didn't watch the Dallas/LA game outside of a few highlights but I agree on the KC both this week and last week against Cleveland.
September 20, 20215 yr Author 11 hours ago, TheDeuce said: Haven't you heard? The league has figured him out. No chance. As long as Lamar stays healthy he is nearly impossible to consistently stop. And he runs right up the middle!
September 20, 20215 yr 2 hours ago, theguru said: No chance. As long as Lamar stays healthy he is nearly impossible to consistently stop. And he runs right up the middle! The guy reads those gaps so well that it's scary. Man, he is a special talent and is re-inventing the concept of the position.
September 20, 20215 yr Author Just now, 9068 said: The guy reads those gaps so well that it's scary. Man, he is a special talent and is re-inventing the concept of the position. I agree. I look at Lamar and I think to myself that is a glimpse of the future for NFL QBs.
September 21, 20215 yr As long as Lamar can keep teams honest with his passing to where they can't just sell out to stop his run every play, he will be trouble for everyone. Coaches talk about putting a defender in conflict and then taking advantage of that conflict. When Lamar is on top of his game he puts the entire defense in conflict. No one can play man-to-man against him, because of his running ability. However if all they play is zone he has the ability to pick them apart throwing to open receivers. Mahomes has the same abilities. He's a step slower but a more accurate arm, so it evens out between them.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.