Jacksonville State 20 Florida State 17

Walter

20 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

Real life is way more important than a football game.   

That’s why I married a women who would have said “you got the Beach, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, anywhere with a lake, or a cabin with a snowy mountain, and you picked to propose after losing to Jacksonville State?  I guess to each is their own but my old lady is a real one lol.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

He shouldn’t get three years if Willie couldn’t get three years.   

Willie should have gotten more time, but I also think it was highly doubtful he was going to turn it around.  His one ace was supposed to be recruiting and his failure to bring in a QB was alarming.  Norvell has gotten lucky with the transfer portal and current rules, which allowed him an avenue to rapidly improve.

The sad thing is that Norvell will get more time in all likelihood, and if results remain the same, there will be a heck of a lot of subtext that will be very, very ugly when comparing the two.  The most charitable assessment I would be able to give that decision would be that it would be very bad to fire a coach two times in a row without giving them a chance to really establish themselves.  FSU is in bad shape now, but that's how programs die completely.  Who is going to take over a job knowing they've got no time at all? If I looked at nothing else, that is why Willie should have gotten more time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Willie should have gotten more time, but I also think it was highly doubtful he was going to turn it around.  His one ace was supposed to be recruiting and his failure to bring in a QB was alarming.  Norvell has gotten lucky with the transfer portal and current rules, which allowed him an avenue to rapidly improve.

The sad thing is that Norvell will get more time in all likelihood, and if results remain the same, there will be a heck of a lot of subtext that will be very, very ugly when comparing the two.  The most charitable assessment I would be able to give that decision would be that it would be very bad to fire a coach two times in a row without giving them a chance to really establish themselves.  FSU is in bad shape now, but that's how programs die completely.  Who is going to take over a job knowing they've got no time at all? If I looked at nothing else, that is why Willie should have gotten more time.

Cannot disagree with anything at all in this post.  Per usual, you nailed it.  

17 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

That’s why I married a women who would have said “you got the Beach, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, anywhere with a lake, or a cabin with a snowy mountain, and you picked to propose after losing to Jacksonville State?  I guess to each is their own but my old lady is a real one lol.

I’m sure it was a planned event with family and friends in attendance.  He supposed to NOT propose now just because his team is crappy as hell?   Had they won we’d never know about the proposal.  The only reason it even made social media rounds is because the football meatheads couldn’t believe he had the audacity to propose on the field after losing to an FCS team and tried to ruin his moment.   Let that man live.  He ain’t bothering anyone.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

I’m sure it was a planned event with family and friends in attendance.  He supposed to NOT propose now just because his team is crappy as hell?   Had they won we’d never know about the proposal.  The only reason it even made social media rounds is because the football meatheads couldn’t believe he had the audacity to propose on the field after losing to an FCS team and tried to ruin his moment.   Let that man live.  He ain’t bothering anyone.  

Yeah I’m sure it was planned but man to think back all those years from now about the engagement, I couldn’t have done it lol.  The stink of that historic loss when explaining to your kids/daughters about the dream engagement.  I do agree the media should have let this one go, but it’s the media.