Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CFIT schedule??

Featured Replies

Could someone please post the CFIT complete schedule

I assume you are talking about the Cumberland Falls Invitational?

 

Wednesday Night

 

Pineville vs. Dorman (SC)

 

Shelby Valley vs. Corbin

 

Thursday Night

 

Burns (SC) vs. Greenup County

 

Bell County vs. Northwestern (SC)

I’m excited about the first round game between Corbin and Shelby Valley. Shelby Valley will arrive at 8-0 and ranked 4th in the Mountain Top Ten. Looks like the Redhounds continue to receive one of the toughest draws in the tournament?

I might have to head up there and see what the Hounds can do with an Undefeated team. Maybe that Coach P will have a little something for the Valliens.

It is my understanding that Coach P. picks the team that he wants to play.

Wow. I thought the Varsity club led by Terry Joe Martin selected the teams, set the brackets and ran the officals. I must have been given some bad information. At any rate. Shelby Valley is a quality first round opponent and will test the Hounds. It would not surprise me if they beat the host school in the first round to be honest. Coach P has never been one to duck a challenge and he seems to be not concerned with wins and losses in the regular season. He seems to be the type of coach who wants to play the best competition he can and see where he can take his team in the post season. I like the way he and Coach Jewell both schedule. I have seen teams win 20 plus each year and then take a quick exit in the post season. Whoever set up this tournament did a great job this season. I think the teams are even and the brackets very level. I can not wait to watch the action and hit the hospitality room. Is Coach P in charge of it as well? If so he is a very talented host indeed.

Where is this tournament held?I know where Cumberland Falls is,but where is the tournament?

Well I'm guessing Corbin is where it's held.

It is my understanding that Coach P. picks the team that he wants to play.

 

Chandlar Cook recruited the teams and set the brackets this year.

  • Author

Thanks, Hounds82. Do you know if they are having the dunking contest this year and when?

I would imagine that they will have the dunk contest and 3 point contest. I can't recall a year that they haven't had it. They aren't really the most exciting contest because they are set up weird but it gives the kids something to look forward to and get pumped up about. The CFIT is truly well ran. I'd like to see one year though that everyone just sacrifice the tourney title, throw out some cash and bring in Oak Hill or the like. Talk about a dunk contest!

Chandler Cook is managing everthing that takes place in the gym with Terry Joe Martin taking care of everything else. But it has always been the head coach's job to set the brackets and the Varsity Club to run the tournament. Coach Hicks, Coach Deaton and Coach Pietrowski have always done this and most of them have taking credit for it except when something goes wrong. So if Corbin gets beat in the first round again this year it is all on Coach Pietrowski.

If Coach Pietrowski did set the brackets, then I applaud him playing an opponent like Shelby Valley in the first round. I agree with Bubba that he’s always played a difficult schedule. Last year’s Cumberland Falls was no different, Corbin opened with one of the best teams in tournament. These types of games will only make the team better.

 

Dogman, you seem to know it all when it comes to the Cumberland Falls. What nights will the three point contest and dunk contest be held this year?

One will be Thursday and one Friday but I do not know which one will be first. Both will be between second and third game.

I sure hope they have those funnel cakes and all the good food. If it weren't for my diabetes limiting my input, I would gain 30 pounds each year during the Falls.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.