Herald Leader 1A Coaches Poll

Entrenador

8 hours ago, HedgeHog8 said:

Someone needs to look at Paris. I was really impressed by them in the Grid at Bath co last week. Compared to last year, they have 3x the kids, 3x the speed and 3x the size. The new coach has brought a buzz and got a lot of kids out for this year's Paris team.

I don't know about size and speed of the players. But here are the roster numbers for Paris the past 3 years:

2019 ...... 28 players 

2020 ...... 24 players 

2021 ....... 29 players 

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I don't know about size and speed of the players. But here are the roster numbers for Paris the past 3 years:

2019 ...... 28 players 

2020 ...... 24 players 

2021 ....... 29 players 

I feel like they only traveled about 20 when they came to play us late last year. So I'm basing it off those numbers. 

There had to be more than 29 players on their sideline last Friday. Maybe they need to update the roster.

I'd estimate they had around 40 and the assistant coach I talked to said they had even lost 6 players through camp.

They had some grown men on the field. All I'm saying is that they could shock some people the first couple games if they are expecting Paris from last few years.

3 hours ago, HedgeHog8 said:

I feel like they only traveled about 20 when they came to play us late last year. So I'm basing it off those numbers. 

There had to be more than 29 players on their sideline last Friday. Maybe they need to update the roster.

I'd estimate they had around 40 and the assistant coach I talked to said they had even lost 6 players through camp.

They had some grown men on the field. All I'm saying is that they could shock some people the first couple games if they are expecting Paris from last few years.

Paris has proven over the years they are very capable of putting top level 1A teams on the field.  It will not shock me if they make that happen this year and I would love to see it.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 2:54 PM, HedgeHog8 said:

Someone needs to look at Paris. I was really impressed by them in the Grid at Bath co last week. Compared to last year, they have 3x the kids, 3x the speed and 3x the size. The new coach has brought a buzz and got a lot of kids out for this year's Paris team.

I'm hearing good things out of the Paris camp as well.  Seems a number of their graduated seniors re-classified, including the QB, allowing them to re-invent themselves with a veteran lineup.

Folks you guys are sleeping on Russellville. This isn’t the same team you’ve seen the last 3/4 years. They have 4/5A talent skill kids with size and speed to burn. Not very deep upfront but what they got is good size with decent feet. If they can stay healthy upfront this team can make a run deep in the playoffs. Easily top 5 1A team this season. 

47 minutes ago, tackle trap said:

Folks you guys are sleeping on Russellville. This isn’t the same team you’ve seen the last 3/4 years. They have 4/5A talent skill kids with size and speed to burn. Not very deep upfront but what they got is good size with decent feet. If they can stay healthy upfront this team can make a run deep in the playoffs. Easily top 5 1A team this season. 

I don't think anyone is sleeping on Russellville. Everyone has their eye on them because of the roster they have this year. However, they haven't done anything the last 3 years to merit them being ranked any higher than they are right now. In their 3 games against quality opponents last year they were on the verge of a running clock being put on them all 3 times. But everyone is watching with interest. It's on Russellville's team this year to earn any higher ranking than what they have right now.

• Like 2