Charles Poole is the new football coach at Fort Campbell.

6 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

This sounds like a couldn’t find the right man can you do it again kind of deal to me.

Timing, I'm sure, played a major role in this one. Hiring a coach for a school on a US military base is a significantly more complicated process than hiring a coach at a normal public or private school. The hire has to be made through the DoDEA. I think this was more or likely the AD (Poole) looking at the situation and realizing that when he's trying to make a football season happen for kids who had no football season in 2020, and the head coach of the team stepped down less than 2 months before the first game - with a two week dead period included in that < 2 month period - that the best way to go about making that football season happen was for him to step into the role.

• Like 4

I wish fort Campbell the absolute best and hope they have success. They experience the two extremes more than maybe anyone in the state. They have had runs of pure dominance followed by years of real struggle. I wish they can find some steadiness in their program but I know that’s a real challenge.

13 hours ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

I wish fort Campbell the absolute best and hope they have success. They experience the two extremes more than maybe anyone in the state. They have had runs of pure dominance followed by years of real struggle. I wish they can find some steadiness in their program but I know that’s a real challenge.

All of this is true. And the unfortunate thing is the “real challenge” you mention isn’t something the school can do much about. I’ve always been impressed at the success they do have.