Highlands hires Chris Norris

19 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Thanks for the update. I know what you mean about Gessner, but I don't know if I would go as far as to say it would kill the program; no one player is bigger than any program, plus there is an abundance of talent in girls soccer at HHS... someone would step up. Hopefully, it isn't an issue and she plays! You only get one chance at high school sports! 

A quality GK is extremely hard to come by on the girls' side of things, and they make a HUGE impact to the game.  Not many girls can cover from the grass to the crossbar.  That's why you see so many goals from distance.  

8 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

A quality GK is extremely hard to come by on the girls' side of things, and they make a HUGE impact to the game.  Not many girls can cover from the grass to the crossbar.  That's why you see so many goals from distance.  

I don't disagree. I simply disagree that there isn't another "quality" GK walking the halls of HHS that can't make the POTENTIAL loss of Gessner less of an issue and keep the loss being a "program killer". 

15 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I don't disagree. I simply disagree that there isn't another "quality" GK walking the halls of HHS that can't make the POTENTIAL loss of Gessner less of an issue and keep the loss being a "program killer". 

Ok, let me revise my Program Killer comment….maybe not a Program killer since there is an abundance of field talent that will be wearing the H, where some games the GK probably will only touch a ball a very few times.  My Program killer comment more pertains to the fact that a 4th straight Region title is going to be very very hard to accomplish with what is left as GK options but hey maybe winning Region isn’t what the parents want since it wasn’t good enough to keep Dean lol.

On another note, Hedenberg showed up today!

45 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Ok, let me revise my Program Killer comment….maybe not a Program killer since there is an abundance of field talent that will be wearing the H, where some games the GK probably will only touch a ball a very few times.  My Program killer comment more pertains to the fact that a 4th straight Region title is going to be very very hard to accomplish with what is left as GK options but hey maybe winning Region isn’t what the parents want since it wasn’t good enough to keep Dean lol.

On another note, Hedenberg showed up today!

That is awesome to hear! And I am with you regarding the parents... sometimes nothing is good enough. I will never forget Coach Mueller winning one of his many state titles and a current BOE member going to him and the principal at the time complaining that the team didn't run a diverse enough offense and that Coach Mueller needed to hire a OC. 🙄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 5:54 PM, FrankNicodemus said:

And just like that, a really good team (on paper) just became GREAT (on paper)!

Welcome back GK Gessner!!

Now let's play!

GO BIRDS

Big pickup for them. I take it she’s at the practices?