Sign in to follow this  
16thBBall Fan

Kentucky is scheduled to play Iona next season

Per 24/7 sports report today. "Iona plans to play University of Kentucky next year." per Gale Nation Hoops tweeted last night.

• Like 1

Rick is loving this, I'm sure.

I'm a little surprised Cal would want to schedule this game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

It honestly probably is to shut people up. Cal has dominated Pitino, since Cal has been at UK. Yet after a bad year for Cal and UK, and a good year for Pitino. It got some UK fans starting to be all back for Pitino. So I think Swaggy Cal is coming back and wants to shut people back up.

It definitely would be a bad situation if UK lost, so I like that Cal kind of has that confidence and swagger back to him now to want to take this game. 

8 hours ago, futurecoach said:

It honestly probably is to shut people up. Cal has dominated Pitino, since Cal has been at UK. Yet after a bad year for Cal and UK, and a good year for Pitino. It got some UK fans starting to be all back for Pitino. So I think Swaggy Cal is coming back and wants to shut people back up.

It definitely would be a bad situation if UK lost, so I like that Cal kind of has that confidence and swagger back to him now to want to take this game. 

Very interesting take.   But should Cal make UK's schedule to satisfy his ego or to do what's best for his team?    Maybe scheduling Iona does both?   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Pitino originally wanted to try to play this game at Madison Square Garden and part of the Jimmy V Classic. I think Cal decided he would play at Rupp maybe just to be safe. I don't know.

15 hours ago, tcjkbt said:

Very interesting take.   But should Cal make UK's schedule to satisfy his ego or to do what's best for his team?    Maybe scheduling Iona does both?   

It does do both. 

On 4/13/2021 at 7:52 AM, tcjkbt said:

Being that Iona was in the tournament this past year, I'd think they'd have a pretty good RPI next year for a team that isn't in the Power 5.  So I'd said it is good for his team.  I'm sure fun for the UK fanbase.

I actually don't see how this benefits Cal's ego much.  His record against Pitino while at UK already speaks for itself.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Being that Iona was in the tournament this past year, I'd think they'd have a pretty good RPI next year for a team that isn't in the Power 5.  So I'd said it is good for his team.  I'm sure fun for the UK fanbase.

I actually don't see how this benefits Cal's ego much.  His record against Pitino while at UK already speaks for itself.

I think it would be to remind those fans who started to want Cal out and started to drool over Pitino again. Short memories with some of our fab base. 

Sign in to follow this