Sign in to follow this  
addout

Ashland 68 Rowan County 66 OT

Scoring by Quarters:

Ashland     10 17 21 10 10=68

Rowan Co. 16 15 20 7 8=66

16th is shaping up to be more competitive than many of us thought it would be. 

• Like 1

Khsaa has this score reversed with Rowan winning but that’s incorrect. I watched the game on their streaming service. 
Rowan is a darn good team. Mason Moore is the real deal and they picked up a Lexington area player named Todd over the summer that is very good .

Ashland’s Coach Mays hasn’t dodged playing a challenging schedule. He is scheduled to play at Covington Catholic and Simon Kenton this weekend and has added games with North Laurel and Dunbar at Lexington Catholic March 5/6. They were scheduled to play Fern Creek and Marshall Co in the Hoopfest but circumstances didn’t allow for it to happen.  Covid also canceled a game at Male. 
They played at Bowling Green last month, driving 5 hours to get there. 
A difficult schedule should make the Tomcats battle tested for post season tournament play. 

10 hours ago, colonel-fan said:

How long has Rowan been wearing those uniforms? Wow.

I thought I was looking at Marquette when Al McGuire coached there in the 1970’s. 😄

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, The Professor said:

Khsaa has this score reversed with Rowan winning but that’s incorrect. I watched the game on their streaming service. 
Rowan is a darn good team. Mason Moore is the real deal and they picked up a Lexington area player named Todd over the summer that is very good .

Ashland’s Coach Mays hasn’t dodged playing a challenging schedule. He is scheduled to play at Covington Catholic and Simon Kenton this weekend and has added games with North Laurel and Dunbar at Lexington Catholic March 5/6. They were scheduled to play Fern Creek and Marshall Co in the Hoopfest but circumstances didn’t allow for it to happen.  Covid also canceled a game at Male. 
They played at Bowling Green last month, driving 5 hours to get there. 
A difficult schedule should make the Tomcats battle tested for post season tournament play. 

I couldn't agree more on Moore being the real deal.  I thought that in the second half when Ashland's Porter was assigned to guard Moore that Porter did an excellent job of keeping Moore in check. I also saw the stats for that game and Porter was one rebound away from a triple double. 21 points on 9 of 14 shooting, 13 assists and 9 rebounds. Impressive for a six foot tall point guard against a good Rowan County team. The addition of Todd has made Rowan County a very dangerous team.

23 hours ago, colonel-fan said:

How long has Rowan been wearing those uniforms? Wow.

You mean these uniforms?

6037169dbdc51.image.jpg

Sign in to follow this