Warren East - 2021 Schedule

Aug 21 vs. Logan County (J Allen Builders Bowl)
Aug 27 vs. Ohio County
Sep 3 at Edmonson County
Sep 10 vs. Russellville
Sep 17 vs. Russell County (District)
Sep 21 at Wayne County
Oct 1 at Warren Central (District)
Oct 9 - BYE
Oct 16 vs. Allen County-Scottsville (District)
Oct 23 at Franklin-Simpson (District)
Oct 30 at Daviess County

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Not extremely tough this is probably a good schedule for a Warren East team that has struggled the last few years.

Depends on your definition of struggling. 
They finished pretty well given the fact they started eight freshman last year. Even won a playoff game against their undefeated district champion and defeated the cross district one seed in the season finale.  
Two years ago they hosted a playoff game. 

Im anxious to see how it unfolds for them in 2021. 

23 hours ago, BillNye said:

Depends on your definition of struggling. 
They finished pretty well given the fact they started eight freshman last year. Even won a playoff game against their undefeated district champion and defeated the cross district one seed in the season finale.  
Two years ago they hosted a playoff game. 

Im anxious to see how it unfolds for them in 2021. 

While I will agree they did come on towards the end of last season but they’ve still had back to back losing seasons and the two years before that they went 6-5 that’s the definition of struggling to me. Now they aren’t having 1-9 seasons but they haven’t had a good season since 2014.

I'm bullish on East from the standpoint, I think Warren East is a solid 4A school/team.

They are not the top dogs and never have been.  But for a team looking for traction and building on one of the best unnoticed runs at the end of last season in 4A, Warren East is your team.  As @BillNye said, East was crazy young last season with the Frosh, but that will/should pay dividends next year IMO.  No one thought East would go to Russell County and win in the Playoffs last year.  How many road teams won in the playoffs last year?  VERY few.

There is definitely winnable games on this schedule and games where they will struggle.  So to get better, I really like that mix for East.  Go Raiders!

• Thanks 1