9th Region All A Classic Predictions

Today (Monday) starts the 9th Region's All A Classic.  Ludlow vs Newport at 7pm and Villa Madonna vs Bellevue at 7pm.

Three strong teams in the lower bracket with St. Henry, Beechwood and New Cath and what one would think is the stronger team, Covington Holy Cross in the upper bracket.

Looks to be a great game Wednesday night with St.Henry facing New Cath at 7pm and Beechwood facing the winner of Villa Madonna and Bellevue at 7pm.  While i give St. Henry and Beechwood the nod on Wednesday, the highlight matchup of the week should be St. Henry vs. Beechwood on Friday night if both teams win.  I look for Covington Holy Cross to win the upper bracket and the winner of the Beechwood vs. St. Henry game to win it all.

The Beechwood Tigers split a win and a loss against the St. Henry Cru last year, with St. Henry winning the 9th Region All A last year before winning the KY State All A Classic.  St. Henry playing extremely well with a close overtime loss to Lexington Catholic last week and then beating Highlands at the BlueBirds home court in a ridiculously close game.  Look for Wyatt Vieth and Jude Bessler to have great performances.

Beechwood Tigers have gotten off to a great start at 3-0 and playing solid team ball with high level performances from Scott Draud, Will Downton and Cameron Decker.  The Tigers start 5 returning Seniors and should be ready, though their competition thus far has not been at St. Henry's level.  Should be a great match-up on Friday night.

I'll give St. Henry the nod for a close win for the 9th Region All A Classic, but will not be the least bit surprised if the Beechwood Tigers flip the script and win it all.

Here is the link to this weeks 9th Region All A Classic

https://allaclassic.org/Regional%20Brackets/Boys%20Brackets/9th%20Region%20Boys%20Brackets.pdf