Ashland 47 Greenup County 0

DevilMayCare

3 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Cats a little sloppy to start. . Special teams were a little weak but I guess that’s to be expected with almost a month off. 7-0 and home field is great. Winning every game by 5 or more TDs worries me. How will they respond in a close game in the 4th.

We will find out in the state semifinals.

34 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

May find out next week. I think Belfry beats either and will be too much for Ashland but have not watched Belfry play this year. 

Ashland will be playing the winner of Fleming and Pendleton for the region championship game. 

38 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

May find out next week. I think Belfry beats either and will be too much for Ashland but have not watched Belfry play this year. 

Assuming they beat Lawrence County, Belfry will play the winner of Rockcastle / Bell County.

The Ashland / Russell winner will play the winner of Fleming County / Pendleton County.

Those matchups are set by RPI among the four winners in the east.

55 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Asland still has to play Russell and nothing is guaranteed. Ashland may win but that's why they play the game. This post was in response to pacman69 proclaiming Ashland to the next round before the district Championship is even played.

I totally agree. Ashland has blown everyone out including the Devils but it’s hard to beat a good team twice and Russell was missing some key players including  Conley. I also think Ashland is very good but not nearing as good as last season.  Russell I think is better then last season and that’s why the  2nd half collapse against the Cats shocked me.