Top 5 players to ever come out of Bracken/Augusta..

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bracken - Eddie Hopkins, Adam Reed, Mark Tucker, Stacy Flora, Ashley Hause

Augusta- Bill Kelsch, Robin Kelsch, Brian Kirk, Patrick Kelsch, John Roberts

IMO. John Roberts could never be top 5 at Augusta. There has just been too many players come out better than him. I mean when you have a kid that tall and he wanted to step out and shoot 3's instead of just hammering on people. Thats weak. I would say Derick Bach would make top 5 players instead. The other 4 i would probabley have to agree Bill could just play, Robin could hit any shot he pulled, Kirk done it all, and Patrick was a shooter.

George Clooney would not be included in this group..

The black kid ladiesbballcoach is referring to is LJ Bowles...

he was a very good athlete!

That is him. THanks. He was very talented with the basketball in his hands.

On a sidenote: Connie Appelman or Rachael Hamilton may be better than a good number of players listed on the Augusta side.:D

You're right, I didn't see Larry Wood play, but I was talking about the team with coach White.

I've been familiar with Bracken Co, Augusta, Deming, Maysville, St Pat, Mason Co, Tollesboro, Lewis Co, Fleming Co teams since the early 50's and they have all had their share of good ball players. I think Larry Wood of Bracken, Fred Walker of Maysville, Ronnie Lyons and Chris Lofton of Mason, Chris Harrison of Tollesboro, Ralphie Davis of Lewis Co, Fran Stahl and Jay Gast of ST Pat, the Kelsch boys and Ike Reynolds of the 1960's Augusta, and Deming--probably Steven Staggs ,Scotty Graves or Joe Mitchell and Fleming Co would have to be Clay Evans. This would be interesting to see what others think .

Joe Bane was pretty Word Filter ViolationWord Filter ViolationWord Filter ViolationWord Filter Violation good from Tollesboro. Was honored several years ago for being one of the best players in the 10th region tourney. Troy King and Tony King were very good as well, from Deming.