Mayfield 24 Graves County 14

Good win for Mayfield.

Things didn't start out great for the Cards as Graves moved the ball down the field and Mayfield kept shooting themselves in the foot. It was 14-0 with Graves about to score when Mayfield got a timely interception and scored on the next play. To me that was what turned this game around because a 21-0 lead might have broke our back. 

I thought Mayfield got much better in the 2nd half. The qb looked much better and #2 for Mayfield had a heck of a game with 2 td receptions and a timely interception. Mayfield ran 4 running backs and they all were pretty good. The line protected better. All in all Mayfield got better in this game and it's a game to build on. 

As for Graves, they started off great but seemed to get flat. Graves is a decent team that needs to learn how to put teams away because they were on the verge but the worm turned and Mayfield gobbled it up.

• Like 3

Great win for Mayfield!  I didn't realize that McCracken County had 3 defensive TDs in the Mayfield game.  If I had known that I would have picked Mayfield in this game.  Puts Mayfield back on track IMO and seems to be getting guys more comfortable playing their roles/new roles this year.  Nice win.

For Graves, I still think they are a good team, but they aren't in Owensboros zip code this year. But I do think they will host and win a playoff game.  That's something positive!

• Like 1