BluegrassPreps Class 1A Football Rankings (9/14) - Discussion

TheDeuce

Class 1A 

Pikeville's title defense took a little longer than expected to get off to a successful start with their 15th consecutive win, but after all the weather delays the Panthers took care of Raceland for an early season statement win within the class. Pikeville has a chance to make a statewide statement this week against defending 3A champion Belfry. Williamsburg will also take a similar challenge as they travel to the reigning 2A king Somerset. Paintsville will cross the Commonwealth for a huge intra-class battle against Crittenden County. The Rockets laid an egg in week one against Caldwell County and will try to get back on the winning track in a big way.

1. Pikeville vs. 3A #1 Belfry

2. Paintsville at #6 Crittenden County 

3. Kentucky Country Day vs. 5A Iroquois

4. Newport Central Catholic at 2A Covington Holy Cross

5. Louisville Holy Cross at 4A Moore

6. Crittenden County vs. #2 Paintsville

7. Raceland vs. 5A East Jessamine (9/19 at Bath County)

8. Williamsburg at 2A #1 Somerset

9. Hazard vs. 2A # 8 Danville

10 .Bethlehem at Eminence

Unless Pikeville drops their football program, they should remain #1 after this week. 

Paintsville should remain #2 with a win and Crittenden should bump to #2 if they travel to Paintsville and win. 

Also think Raceland is 4-5 but that’s just because as a Paintsville fan I know what they are capable of on any given night. 

21 hours ago, ATLCat said:

If Holy Cross makes another statement win, how high should they rise?

Moore is typically pretty solid. An impressive Holy Cross win would catch my eye but I don't know if they would move up any.

I'm intrigued by Newport Catholic/Covington Holy Cross. Holy Cross has been very young and not very good the last two years. Beating Bellevue isn't a huge feather in anyone's cap but the way they romped was at least eye catching. Newport Catholic should win, but that game might give us even more information on Holy Cross.