Lynn Bowden traded to Miami

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Seems like Bowden hasn't been what the Raiders expected him to be, on or off the field. 

They ate a 900k signing bonus to move him before game 1.

I do hope it works out for him in Miami.  Now he has to learn another playbook right before the season.

4 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Seems like Bowden hasn't been what the Raiders expected him to be, on or off the field. 

I saw one complaint was that Bowden was struggling with pass blocking.  If the Raiders are concerned with his pass blocking then they really have no clue how they should be utilizing Bowden.  I think getting traded away from the dumpster fire that is the Raiders organization is the best possible thing for his career.

37 minutes ago, cincydragons said:

I saw one complaint was that Bowden was struggling with pass blocking.  If the Raiders are concerned with his pass blocking then they really have no clue how they should be utilizing Bowden.  I think getting traded away from the dumpster fire that is the Raiders organization is the best possible thing for his career.

Every WR in the NFL has to pass block. He’s not a #1 receiver in the league, likely a slot guy, so he’s definitely going to have to block.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Every WR in the NFL has to pass block. He’s not a #1 receiver in the league, likely a slot guy, so he’s definitely going to have to block.

WR do have to block in the NFL but that's not what the Raiders are talking about.  They're referring to his difficulty pass blocking as a RB which I'm pretty sure Bowden's never done in his life.  Again I'm not sure if Bowden will be a successful pro but getting away from the Raiders will definitely help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Pass blocking was the least of it.  You don’t throw away 900K and a 3rd rounder because he’s struggling to pass block as a rookie.

I read the Athletic article posted about him.  They mentioned off the field concerns but no real specifics.  They mentioned him not being as explosive as they thought he would be.  But that's not Bowden's strength.  Bowden is at his best with the ball in the open field, his ability to make tacklers miss, and fighting his way for extra yards.  Not sure that shows up as well in practices where there is little contact and that lack of preseason games may have hurt as well.  And they did mention he was consistently getting beat in pass block drills.  The Raiders screwed up in trying to make him a RB.  If he's going to be successful in the NFL it will be as a slot WR with the ability to run some jet sweeps and some gadget plays/wildcat QB packages.

14 hours ago, cincydragons said:

I read the Athletic article posted about him.  They mentioned off the field concerns but no real specifics.  They mentioned him not being as explosive as they thought he would be.  But that's not Bowden's strength.  Bowden is at his best with the ball in the open field, his ability to make tacklers miss, and fighting his way for extra yards.  Not sure that shows up as well in practices where there is little contact and that lack of preseason games may have hurt as well.  And they did mention he was consistently getting beat in pass block drills.  The Raiders screwed up in trying to make him a RB.  If he's going to be successful in the NFL it will be as a slot WR with the ability to run some jet sweeps and some gadget plays/wildcat QB packages.

I think if he would have shown commitment to the playbook, he’d still be there.  Also, I said last year in older post him switching to QB, running a backyard football scramble offense, was detrimental to his growth at WR.  He’s really gonna hand to tighten down and focus on growing at receiver.  He can make plays if he buys in.  Wishing him well.

• Like 3

They evidently were upset that he bought a car or was looking at one. Some of the leaked comments were directed at him over a car. They also suddenly had an issue about the police raid at his grandmother's house when he was visiting. I say suddenly because it wasn't an issue with them when it happened. Now they say it is a character issue.

I hope he does well and goes in the slot where he should be.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 1:07 AM, Jumper_Dad said:

They evidently were upset that he bought a car or was looking at one. Some of the leaked comments were directed at him over a car. They also suddenly had an issue about the police raid at his grandmother's house when he was visiting. I say suddenly because it wasn't an issue with them when it happened. Now they say it is a character issue.

I hope he does well and goes in the slot where he should be.

Did he get in today?