Reds at Pirates 9/04 - 9/06

Votto error on an easy toss allowed the Pirates three runs and probably a win.  Votto also made a fielding error in the first game on a throw from Farmer that bought took his head off.  Of course, they gave the error to Farmer.  Bauer not happy when he got into the dugout.  This is the kind of stuff why Reds can not go on a long win streak and has no shot at the Playoffs.

9 minutes ago, sumoroyal said:

Votto error on an easy toss allowed the Pirates three runs and probably a win.  Votto also made a fielding error in the first game on a throw from Farmer that bought took his head off.  Of course, they gave the error to Farmer.  Bauer not happy when he got into the dugout.  This is the kind of stuff why Reds can not go on a long win streak and has no shot at the Playoffs.

Right on the money sumo!!

I suspect that Joey, due to his longevity on the team, commands an intimidation factor when it comes to Bell's handling of him.  I suspect that Joey has first call on what Joey does or does not do, and I imagine that Joey still has a rather high opinion of himself. .

I'm thinking the recent benching might have been more Joey's doing, than Bell's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mustang said:

I suspect that Joey, due to his longevity on the team, commands an intimidation factor when it comes to Bell's handling of him.  I suspect that Joey has first call on what Joey does or does not do, and I imagine that Joey still has a rather high opinion of himself. .

I'm thinking the recent benching might have been more Joey's doing, than Bell's.

I’m sure you’re right on a lot of that, especially Votto’s high opinion of himself, he was hitting .065 with no homers or RBI’s on the road before last night but he did go 1-5 on the evening so his average shot up!!!

• theguru changed the title to Reds at Pirates 9/04 - 9/06
11 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I’m sure you’re right on a lot of that, especially Votto’s high opinion of himself, he was hitting .065 with no homers or RBI’s on the road before last night but he did go 1-5 on the evening so his average shot up!!!

His opinion of himself could be like my golf game.  I know I'm a mid-nineties player, but I always shoot 105.

• Like 1