Disocese of Covington no sports - Is the Rumor true?

happ

• theguru changed the title to Disocese of Covington no sports - Is the Rumor true?

I heard from someone that athletic practices diocese-wide were called off for today. I didn't take that to mean that the bishop was shooting down sports.

Also, with his diocesan superintendent of schools as a current member of the KHSAA Board Of Control having voted just this past Thursday in favor of moving forward with the current fall sports schedule, I would be pretty surprised to hear that the bishop, who keeps regular contact with the superintendent, would do a 360 on that decision within 5 days.

Covington Holy Cross communication:

Dear Parents,

In response to direction to establish, review and document athletic practice protocols, we must postpone full practices temporarily. We are working quickly to satisfy these requirements and move forward. Conditioning practices will continue in the meantime. Thank you for your patience.
Thank you,
Mr. Holtz

Local News media,

There is false information circulating that the Diocese of Covington has cancelled high school sports. This is not true. We are reviewing the safety of a normal athletic schedule and will share requirements by the end of the week. The last thing we need in the midst of everything else is more misleading information going out.

Please spread the word!

Mr Holtz

• Like 1