9th Region Volleyball

Now that we know we will have some sort of volleyball season, here are my top ten teams in the 9th region.

1. Notre Dame

2 Saint Henry 

3. Ryle

4. Cooper

5. Highlands

6. Holy Cross

7. Dixie Heights

8. Conner

9. Beechwood

10. Newport Central Catholic

What does everyone else think?

• Thanks 1

I Like the list, hard to argue on top 3 or 4..Man 9th is deep!

If i had to shake It up I think both Dixie and Conner could be worth keeping a eye on. Both teams bring back almost everyone from last year. I don’t think it will be enough to crack top 3 or 4 but could certainly battle the others!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

St. Henry had a key transfer this year. Cora Taylor (S/OH) who is committed to D1 Butler University. She joins NKYVC teammates Taylor Preston (University of Oklahoma) and Abby Schaefer (WKU). Depends how the rest of the team does but I would think as Preston goes, so goes the Crusaders. 

1 hour ago, CardinalsFan said:

So....when was the last time someone not named St. Henry or Notre Dame won the 9th?  

Has it EVER happened??

-CardinalsFan

I'm thinking you'd have to go way back to the Villa Madonna (when it was all girls), OLP,  LaSallette days to find that.  Just a guess on my part.

12 hours ago, CardinalsFan said:

I don't even know what OLP and LaSallette are...LOL!

So, I guess we need to see how Ryle does against the big girls of St. Henry and ND before really knowing whether or not they have a legit chance to break an unbelievable streak.

-CardinalsFan

Ryle lost to Cooper in three last night. When Ryle played SHA last weekend, reportedly SHA had 4 starters out for the ACT 

Circa 1979 -1981 Villa won state lead by Lori Erpenbeck who later went on to play for UK and train with the Olympic team. Volleyball was still not sanctioned then. I believe that happened in 1981. NDA won the region every year in the 80's but the current alignment didn't occur until the 2000's (I think). St. Henry used to be in a different region and the winner and runner up both used to go to state.  Under current alignment- I believe St. Henry has won 5 times (maybe 6) and gone to state. The other seasons all won by NDA.  Don't quote me on the exact years etc but this is generally correct.