Junior Colleges Move Season to Spring

FootballBobcat

The NJCAA announced that their season has been moved to the spring. The season will start in late March and the Championship will be played June 3rd.  Schools are allowed to continue practicing throughout the fall and can play up to four "games/scrimmages" if they feel safe. I believe this keeps the programs moving forward and the players both in school and practicing/playing.

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I genuinely don't understand what moving football to the spring accomplishes. 

It keeps you from the backlash of actually cancelling.  Postponing is an easier pill to swallow.  The big problem with moving it to spring at any level, is finishing the season in June, then taking a month off and getting right back at it in August.  I would think you'd have to delay the start of the 2021 season as well.

The PSAC has also postponed all fall sports.  This conference is a D2 conference, largely made up of the Pennsylvania State School System. They are also looking at the possibility of playing in the spring.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/other-colleges/2020/07/14/psac-postponement-fall-sports-covid-19-pennsylvania/stories/202007140142

I am not sure either. The biggest thing I could come up with were financial impacts of testing and other "safety protocols" that could be put on them to have a full season of games. The other thing is it buys time to see where this goes. Personally not a fan of the delay.

On 7/16/2020 at 9:19 AM, rjs4470 said:

It keeps you from the backlash of actually cancelling.  Postponing is an easier pill to swallow.  The big problem with moving it to spring at any level, is finishing the season in June, then taking a month off and getting right back at it in August.  I would think you'd have to delay the start of the 2021 season as well.

The PSAC has also postponed all fall sports.  This conference is a D2 conference, largely made up of the Pennsylvania State School System. They are also looking at the possibility of playing in the spring.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/other-colleges/2020/07/14/psac-postponement-fall-sports-covid-19-pennsylvania/stories/202007140142

Pretty wild that Pennsylvania colleges not playing football but high school is.