The KHSAA needs officials

This was in the swimming press release but I think it is important to draw more attention to it:

With officiating numbers declining at the national level, the KHSAA is always accepting applications from individuals interested in giving back to their community. Officiating remains a great avenue to stay active, earn extra spending money and ensure that high school athletics are preserved for the current and future generations. To get involved as an official, visit Officiating Information | Kentucky High School Athletic Association.

Honestly, that is really what it is, giving back to your community. How about it?

I officiated for thirteen years. It was a great way to give back to the communities across the area, stay involved in a sport I loved, and meet some really awesome people. I'm still friends with some of the coaches, table workers, and fellow officials to this day.

If you've got the time and the capability to do it, at least give it a look.

I officiated for thirteen years. It was a great way to give back to the communities across the area, stay involved in a sport I loved, and meet some really awesome people. I'm still friends with some of the coaches, table workers, and fellow officials to this day.

If you've got the time and the capability to do it, at least give it a look.

You were very good at it, also!!!

Shortage nationally, and in virtually every sport. Major shortage in some parts of Ky. in some sports.

Shortage should have little to do with money, as the pay is awfully good for a second income. But, the work isn't easy either.

As with any shortage in a profession, that means there is a opportunity to move up quickly.

• 1 year later...