Golf Clubs

PP1

I used some of my stimulus check money to buy new Cleveland HB Launcher Hybrid Irons. The arrived today and felt really good at the driving range.

I need some head-covers. What is a cheap website to buy them at?

I used some of my stimulus check money to buy new Cleveland HB Launcher Hybrid Irons. The arrived today and felt really good at the driving range.

These are made for Clevelands $47.00. There are generic neoprene ones for around $12 too.

https://www.amazon.com/Cleveland-Golf-Launcher-Turbo-Headcovers/dp/B07WRNGQR3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Launcher+Hybrid+Irons+covers&qid=1587622028&sr=8-1

Amazon

No sense even looking any place else, especially if cheap is what you are after. I have replaced my wood/hybrid head covers by buying on eBay, so that’s an option too. I lose every head cover at some point in time, and I’ve found the covers for irons are more of a hassle than a benefit, especially if you aren’t traveling with your clubs. Think about it, 99% of the time, your clubs are just sitting in your garage (or wherever you keep them). In 30+ years of owning golf clubs, I’ve never had a stick suffer damage from not having a head cover. Almost all damage that clubs suffer come from swinging them, and covers don’t help that.

Edited by rjs4470

Just out of curiosity, why do you need head covers for irons?

It makes sense with your driver, utility clubs, and putter because they can get scratched, but not irons. It just seems to be cumbersome to have to take them off and put them back on after each shot with your irons.

I recommend just going bareback with the irons. :thumb:

Just out of curiosity, why do you need head covers for irons?

It makes sense with your driver, utility clubs, and putter because they can get scratched, but not irons. It just seems to be cumbersome to have to take them off and put them back on after each shot with your irons.

I recommend just going bareback with the irons. :thumb:

That’s the big reason I stopped using iron covers. Taking them off and on and after about 4 rounds I had already lost 3 or 4 of the covers. The clanking doesn’t bother me, and like I said before, I do more damage to my clubs swinging them than a thousand years worth of them clanking against each other in the bag. If you go into any golf forums, this subject comes up, and many complain about iron covers slowing down play.

To each his own, and I get wanting to protect your investment. Clubs ain’t cheap.

I do

I just spent five hundred dollars on these hybrid-irons. The sound of them clanking in my bag will drive me nuts.

I have my entire golf bag insured for $3000 and don’t have headcovers on my irons. This doesn’t include my Miura tournament blades sitting in the corner that I don’t use. I don’t use headcovers on my irons and they are forged. Your hybrid irons are cast, zero damage is going to be done to cast irons just rattling in the bag.

I have my entire golf bag insured for $3000 and don’t have headcovers on my irons. This doesn’t include my Miura tournament blades sitting in the corner that I don’t use. I don’t use headcovers on my irons and they are forged. Your hybrid irons are cast, zero damage is going to be done to cast irons just rattling in the bag.

Golf bag insurance?