Open Job: Bowling Green

Guest 11th insider

Maybe... not sure that’s a huge deal or a deal breaker. My guess is Rick will play Zion the same number of minutes and Zion knows that. Why not go for a state championship? My point is he played for Sherrill in 8th grade and my guess is would love to again. Just throwing it out there.. he left for a reason the first time and may come back for the same one..

James “Boo” Brewer, he was a candidate last time the job opened not sure he will be interested this time around or not.

The last time his daughter was in the process of transferring from West Va to WKU, she has now graduated from WKU this year so the interest may not be there as once was.

This position will draw a ton of interest. I am not sure why the parting of ways with DG Sherrill before but if those terms were good and he wanted the job again that would be an easy choice.

Three names immediately come to mind for this position if Sherrill doesn’t already have an agreement for the job.

1) Tim Riley, he should be the first phone call.

2.) Jon Newton, what he has done at Webster County is second to none. He is one of the top coaches in the state of Kentucky.

3.) Matt Beshear, he has won back to back regionals in the 2nd and the Beshear name seems to be hot presently.

Another name to consider is Ryan Perry. He led Lyon County to the region semifinals this year and would bring the top freshman in the state wirh him.

• 3 weeks later...