Casey County Coaching History

Creame18

48 minutes ago, Nuke LaLoosh said:

Casey County High School started in 1963-1964 school year.  Liberty was still a high school until 1968 (I believe) when they consolidated.  

Much appreciated. I knew it was mid-60s like much of this area. Did the Middleburg school close when Casey County opened?

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 11:00 PM, ChiefSmoke said:

1973 is Dan Hill. Not David. Dan Hill and my Dad were both assistant coaches at Lafayette. Dan later went to Washington County where he hired Jimmie Reed (who is now the head of our coaches association) and Lee Glasscock who played for my Dad at Boyle. Coach Reed and Lee went on to be successful head coaches at Washington County.

When Dan was at Washington County, 1975 season, he and my Dad's Mercer team were going to play. Dan knew my Dad did his staff meetings in the basement of our house on Sunday nights. Dan shows up, I think with Coach Reed and Lee, to sit in on my Dad's staff meeting, prepping for his team.  They sat in the basement, smoked cigars, and watched video. Larry French was on my Dad's staff at Mercer and was in that meeting as well.

That Friday, we had a monsoon. The game was postponed to that Monday. Mercer won the game by 3 or 4 Touchdowns on a Monday night. That was in the middle of a 5 game winning streak for Mercer.

Great memories. Wish I could go back in time and sit in on one of those Sunday night meetings in the basement.

Talked to Coach French this morning..... 

says it was Lee and Dan. 

Coach French says he inhaled the cigar smoke while my Dad and Coach Hill smoked. Said Coach Hill made corrections on the Mercer scouting report for Washington County. No wonder Mercer won... when the opposing coach shows up to help get your scouting report right, has to help!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2