December 29, 200619 yr They are built to win in the AFC North. It's interesting to see how that translates to the rest of the NFL..... :thumb: Agree with that... Nice stat that has been overlooked lately is that the Bengals are 11-2 against the division in their last 13 games. Look out Pittsburgh!!!
December 29, 200619 yr Author A former NFL player, believe it was Darren Woodson, was on ESPN, talking about the playoffs and in the last 3-4 games of the season, the mentality of the playoffs when fighting for a spot is similar. He made the point that mental toughness is a huge component of success in the playoffs. The Bengals have obviously shown over the last couple years that they are lacking as a team in that area. I wondered if that translated over to their lack of success at the end of the season.
January 1, 200719 yr Author Lance McAlister's blog points out that the Bengals under Marvin Lewis has not had a strong finishing record. '03 (1-3) '04 (2-2) '05 (2-2) Why do you think the Bengals don't finish strong? And will they change that this season? While I think they will go 3-1 and claim the WC spot, they easily could go 1-3 and have another poor finish. I must have been delirious with fever when I thought they would go 3-1. Officially, now they Bengals are 6-10 over the last quarter of the season in the Marvin Lewis era.
January 1, 200719 yr I must have been delirious with fever when I thought they would go 3-1. Officially, now they Bengals are 6-10 over the last quarter of the season in the Marvin Lewis era. Let's just hope it's the final piece of the puzzle that needs to be figured out. We have to remember this is a franchise that was one of the 5 worst in all of pro sports at this point 5 years ago. It's a work in progress, and the bottom line was lower this year. I'm very interested to see how they respond...
January 1, 200719 yr Author Let's just hope it's the final piece of the puzzle that needs to be figured out. We have to remember this is a franchise that was one of the 5 worst in all of pro sports at this point 5 years ago. It's a work in progress, and the bottom line was lower this year. I'm very interested to see how they respond... I concur. I think Marvin is a coach that can take them to the next level. It seems that offseason struggles started with Carson's injury and him and the receivers never getting in sync as they had been the previous year because of all the offseason work, to Henry and so on and so on. Lewis probably felt like he was standing in front of a massive boulder rolling down a mountainside. Now that he is in the offseason and can hopefully better address situations with player movement, things can be done and addressed so that he has players he can count on and are committed.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.