NKMSAA Basketball Post Season Brackets

NKYCoach859

This was the best middle school game I have seen in a very long time. Both teams competed and the atmosphere was great. The crowd was standing the whole last minute at an 8th grade game. Congrats to both programs. They were clearly the best two teams in the NKMSAA.

It was a good game. If you are an Ockerman fan, you have to be left wondering about the loose ball at half court that was heading out of bounds off a Pius player that the ref couldn't get out of the way of. The ball bounces off the ref to a Pius player who goes down court for a layup, gets fouled and completes the 3 point play. Later, a Pius banked 3 pointer from the wing hurt too.

If you are a Pius fan, you have to wonder about the numerous open 3's that wouldn't fall in the first half that they normally make.

All in all, it was fun game for the fans.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what happened w/ the schedule, but it seemed to work out.

I thought Ockerman did a great job hosting the event. Refs were good. Ceremony after each game was a nice touch. Thanks to all that volunteered to pull it off!

I'm not knocking Ockerman by any means, just thought it was odd not to have either all girls in order followed by boys or in order by grade throughout the day. Plus to separate out 1 of the championship was a little different.

I just heard from an AD that those coaches with multiple teams were not accommodated with their game times, and that there was a forfeit (or maybe more) because of that.

I'm not knocking Ockerman by any means, just thought it was odd not to have either all girls in order followed by boys or in order by grade throughout the day. Plus to separate out 1 of the championship was a little different.

I just heard from an AD that those coaches with multiple teams were not accommodated with their game times, and that there was a forfeit (or maybe more) because of that.

Unfortunately whoever told you this information was completely wrong. No one had to forfeit any game. All games were played. The reason for the schedule ending up the way it was so everyone could be accommodated. The 7th girls had to go first because a coach had a family conflict. The 6th girls had to go second because of a scheduling issue. The 8th boys had to be moved to Monday because one of the schools was in the state tournament. Everyone was accommodated. Ockerman is not in charge of the schedule - we hosted the event.

Great post season tournament I thought the host sites did a nice job and Ockerman was a great host for the championship round. Pius and Ockerman seemed destined to meet in this game all year and did not disappoint to close it out both teams left it all out there on the court in a championship atmosphere with the turnout.

It will be fun to see which kids get to play at the JV and maybe even steal a few varsity minutes next year pending their school of course and the freshman games will see a good class - some great talent in the championship and all the schools as a whole.

Fun season!