Covington Holy Cross 85 Campbell County 83 (OT)

Let me setup the Niehaus free throw situation because this game may not have gone to overtime.

Jordan Gross committed his 5th foul with Holy Cross leading 66-63. The buzzer sounded for a foul out. Both teams and everyone knew he fouled out. Gross went to the CC bench. A few seconds later the referees put the ball in play to Nate Niehaus at the line who made the front end of the bonus to make the score 66-62. Prior to getting handed the ball for the 2nd free throw the referees realize Campbell Co only has 4 players on the floor. The referees huddle and determine the free throw is taken away and the 5th player (replacement for Gross) is allowed to come in with no technical foul. Niehaus proceeds to miss the front end the 2nd time so score remained 66-63. I thought the call was incorrect until I'm proven otherwise. I didn't think there was a scenario where you can go back once the ball is put in play, a point scored, and then reverse it. Any refs out there know the rule. Maybe I'm wrong.

As shown above in a link, the point should have counted.

Don't feel too bad. They've had their fair share of kids who chose Scott over other high schools. You have to remember Meyer was an 8th grader last year so calling him a "transfer" is wrong.

Semantics. No matter how you look at it, it was and is a devastating blow to the Eagles community. Saying otherwise or relying on semantics to minimize the loss is woefully wrong.

Semantics. No matter how you look at it, it was and is a devastating blow to the Eagles community. Saying otherwise or relying on semantics to minimize the loss is woefully wrong.

My question is where will the Meyer kid be next year. He’s been in 4 different schools if you go back to Elementary days. I can see prep school also in near future.

My question is where will the Meyer kid be next year. He’s been in 4 different schools if you go back to Elementary days. I can see prep school also in near future.

If he doesn’t change his body language (which will probably happen naturally as he matures) after mistakes, he’s going to end up next to Grammer on the bench. Forget prep school.