Changes coming for UK basketball

Rickyp

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that would be a good place to start. I think the second place to start would be to get Porter a few more minutes and to up the tempo a little. I think our rotation should be:

Starting 5

C Morris

F Perry

F Crawford

G Bradley

G Jasper

Reserves that actually play

F Stevenson

G Meeks

G Porter

C Carter

F Thomas

Cigars

Orbzut

Coury

Perry's cousin

I agree with that rotation. Carter did do some positive things Saturday, he just has a ways to go.

As for us going more uptemp, I agree with that too. But also I understand that we can't get too uptempo against UNC. In a game like that we have to pick and chose our spots to go.

You can ask UKpat02 or BellAlum, no one likes to run and push the ball more than I do!

Im anxious to see this team get much better between now and SEC play! Im optimistic enough to think its a distinct possibility.

Less possession = Less turnovers. Makes since to me. Also means less points and more empty seats. Does anyone know what the expected attendance is for tonights titanic struggle? I remember the days (B.T.) when Freedom Hall would be filled for the shoot around.

Less possession = Less turnovers. Makes since to me. Also means less points and more empty seats. Does anyone know what the expected attendance is for tonights titanic struggle? I remember the days (B.T.) when Freedom Hall would be filled for the shoot around.

I take it you looked past the fact that Tubby elected to go with the more up tempo style. Getting shots up quicker gives less time to turn it over. We'll see if that is the case, but that is what he said in the article.

How about instead of Cigars, we just call them:

Obrzut - to help look good getting off the bus

Perry - Family Tradition

Coury - Most likely to turn into Frank the Tank and go streaking across the UK campus and through the quad

In all seriousness, I like the proposed rotation that you served up. I think that if we are to be a player in March we need to go ahead and settle into a rotation now. The road to travel is long enough that we wouldn't peak too soon. Next year that might be different.

In all seriousness, I like the proposed rotation that you served up. I think that if we are to be a player in March we need to go ahead and settle into a rotation now. The road to travel is long enough that we wouldn't peak too soon. Next year that might be different.

I think we need to settle on a rotation, as well. I like about 8 guys myself. Some coaches go 10 and some go 7.

I think we need to settle on a rotation, as well. I like about 8 guys myself. Some coaches go 10 and some go 7.

I would think that UK and their new bodys could handle the extra minutes. UK could rotate 8 or 9 and compete. I don't know that Thomas plays into that mix. His minutes are significantly reduced. Honestly he should start only one game this year.

I would think that UK and their new bodys could handle the extra minutes. UK could rotate 8 or 9 and compete. I don't know that Thomas plays into that mix. His minutes are significantly reduced. Honestly he should start only one game this year.

I honestly would prefer a rotation of the players I mentioned - down to Carter. Carter is critical because he's really the only hope we have of a backup center. I think that once Harris arrives - if he can tie his shoes and halfway play defense - that Thomas should have his minutes pretty much diminished.

On another note - if we can add Harris and have a 10-man rotation - its IMPERATIVE that we up the tempo and play agressive defense, IMO. There's no way to get 9-10 guys into any type of flow whatsoever in the halfcourt, zone defense style that we've been playing so far.

I would agree with that. If we are going to freely substitute then let's get it on, 94 feet. Harris is supposedly pretty athletic. I for one would like to see us change our style of play.

I agree, however, UCLA, UNC, and Memphis simply out-athleted us. If we had run with UNC and UCLA then the results would have been similiar to the Memphis game. I think we should run the "stand around" offense we've been perfecting over the last few years. Maybe if they eliminate the shot clock we can hold the ball and compete.

I don't think stand around is in order and I realize that every posession is not a fast break. Offensively we don't move in the half court set and there is no secondary break options when we are in the open floor. Tubby believes the the best three point opportunities come from the inside out. I believe that the best three point opportunities come from guys spotting up on the secondary break. In the halfcourt set I would like to see four players spaced outside the arc and one post player to work the paint. Against the zone, very simple, quit dribbling so much.