Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grandpad —Thoughts and Opinions?

Featured Replies

I have been seeing ads for the Grandpad. Thinking about it for my 92 year old “no tech” father.

He is still very sharp mentally and lives alone, but needs assistance with mobility and getting out and about.

 

Any experience with this?

Wish I could help, but I didn't know what a grandpad was until you mentioned it and I looked it up.

My mom is 80. We got her an iPad 2 years ago. It took a bit to teach her and get her comfortable.

 

She loves it. Uses it every day. She probably only uses 10% of it capability, but it keeps her mind active.

 

I've seen ads for the Grand Pad. It looks like a great idea to me.

Several years ago my stepfather had several mild strokes within a few months of each other. He retired and was on disability, my mother was already retired with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. That Christmas was the year the iPad mini first came out and I got them each an iPad mini for Christmas. My stepfather loved his, he still uses the iHeartRadio radio app to listen to KSR and other UK related radio and podcasts. He o,aged Tiger woods golf, monopoly and a few other games. He has never used it much to shop online or to surf the net. He prefers the bigger screen of his IMac. On that he daily reads KSR, Courier Journal, and shops online on Amazon and a few other sites.

I may get him a bigger ipad, the mini is limited now can’t upgrade IOS past 10 and newer apps will not work on it.

He just spent a few days in the hospital and I brought him my iPad Pro 11 to watch UK vs Missouri, the hospital didn’t have SEC network. With the bigger screen he was able to surf the web and read KSR and used the CJ app as well.

I brought him home today and he hinted that he liked my iPad Pro so may get him one or upgrade mine and give current to him.

Hoewever my mother never used hers and my brother ended up borrowing it years ago and his kids use it now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.