Grandpad —Thoughts and Opinions?

hoops5

I have been seeing ads for the Grandpad. Thinking about it for my 92 year old “no tech” father.

He is still very sharp mentally and lives alone, but needs assistance with mobility and getting out and about.

Any experience with this?

• 2 weeks later...

Several years ago my stepfather had several mild strokes within a few months of each other. He retired and was on disability, my mother was already retired with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. That Christmas was the year the iPad mini first came out and I got them each an iPad mini for Christmas. My stepfather loved his, he still uses the iHeartRadio radio app to listen to KSR and other UK related radio and podcasts. He o,aged Tiger woods golf, monopoly and a few other games. He has never used it much to shop online or to surf the net. He prefers the bigger screen of his IMac. On that he daily reads KSR, Courier Journal, and shops online on Amazon and a few other sites.

I may get him a bigger ipad, the mini is limited now can’t upgrade IOS past 10 and newer apps will not work on it.

He just spent a few days in the hospital and I brought him my iPad Pro 11 to watch UK vs Missouri, the hospital didn’t have SEC network. With the bigger screen he was able to surf the web and read KSR and used the CJ app as well.

I brought him home today and he hinted that he liked my iPad Pro so may get him one or upgrade mine and give current to him.