Lee Co vs. Estill Co predictions

Estill didn't get much recognition in the 14th last year, but were only 8 -7 against 14th Region teams. I really thought that Estill would fare well last year in the 14th, but something was apparently missing.

Dixon was one of the top players in the 14th.

From what I can recall 4 of those 7 losses came from Lee County a team that had one of if not the best record in the 14th. All four of those losses were under 10 points with the last coming in the district championship where a heartbreaking Free Throw miss with 4 seconds left did the Engineers in. Another loss came to June Buchanan in the regions who took Hazard to double overtime in the semifinals. They lost to Hazard in Double Overtime where a phantom double dribble call was their undoing. Can't recall the other loss, but they faired quite well in my opinion.

From what I can recall 4 of those 7 losses came from Lee County a team that had one of if not the best record in the 14th. All four of those losses were under 10 points with the last coming in the district championship where a heartbreaking Free Throw miss with 4 seconds left did the Engineers in. Another loss came to June Buchanan in the regions who took Hazard to double overtime in the semifinals. They lost to Hazard in Double Overtime where a phantom double dribble call was their undoing. Can't recall the other loss, but they faired quite well in my opinion.

I agree with you. And I thought that Estill could have beat any team in the 14th last season 'on a given night'. I was cheering them on in every game except when they played Lee :p . The Engineers caught some bad breaks. Lee Co has had seasons like that too.....where it just seemed that a little more 'something' was needed to push them over the top.

I agree with you. And I thought that Estill could have beat any team in the 14th last season 'on a given night'. I was cheering them on in every game except when they played Lee :p . The Engineers caught some bad breaks. Lee Co has had seasons like that too.....where it just seemed that a little more 'something' was needed to push them over the top.

Like a legitimate low post threat! Dixon was a great player but not a back to the basket low post player - that is what the Engineers were missing.

Estill will miss Dixon this year, but they may miss Puckett just as bad. Puckett brought a lot to the table for Estill last year: Defense, Leadership, and a lot of Hustle.

...And a lot of fouls and sometimes poor attitude. I will give you that Puckett was often an outstanding player. He hustled like no other...but that same hustle often got him into considerable foul trouble - and scuffles on the floor with opposing players.

That said, I think Estill will miss each of the three starting seniors from last year, as well as others who contributed in other ways such as senior Austin Moore being a fan favorite and teammate favorite on the bench.

All teams miss players when they leave/graduate. The team will make it without Dixon's presence; Reese's shooting, and Puckett's hustle. All teams lose players - what's important is how well a team and it's base move on. I believe Estill will do fine doing just that.